Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Monday

We had another good week sticking with the menu plan, although I will admit that I did go back and fixed a couple of things that I didn't fix the week before - the Tangy Chicken and we had Country Ribs tonight instead of Chicken since we had chicken on Chef's Choice night.  On Friday night - Homemade Pizza Night - I fixed a different kind of pizza.  Instead of my usual thin pizza crust I decided to try a suggestion from one of my followers and used flour tortillas to make individual pizzas.  They were pretty good, but I think that I will go back to my homemade crust this week.  However, it is nice to have something for a change sometimes.

I also fixed Southwest Taco Pie again this week - the hubby loved it when I fixed it last month!  I had planned on taking pictures and posting them, along with the recipe, but he ate the whole thing AGAIN, before I could get the pictures.  I guess that is a testamony to how good it is.  You can be assured that it will be on the menu during the month of March - so, I will try to get pictures of it then (and post the recipe)!

Now, this weeks menus:

Monday - February 20 - Taco Salad
Tuesady - February 21 - Pork Chops and Rice w/cabbage
Wednesday - February 22  - Chicken & Yellow Rice, Salad
Thursday - February 23 - Skillet Macaroni & Beef
Friday - February 24 - Movie Night - HOMEMADE PIZZA NIGHT
Saturday - February 25 - Chef's Choice
Sunday - February 26 - Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad

I must say that one of the best things that I have done this month is create Chef's Choice night - it is my night for left overs - or going out to dinner - or going to a neighbor's house or even to my daughter's.  It's GREAT  - plus, it even gives my hubby a chance to fix something of his choice!  Gotta love it!

If you are looking for other menu ideas, please check out these other blogs, and tell them I sent ya!

http://goodcheapeats.com/2012/02/meal-plan-february-19-25/

http://orgjunkie.com/2012/02/menu-plan-monday-feb-2012.html


So, what are you thinking about this week's menu?  How are you doing with your menus this month?  Are you sticking with them, or are you having a hard time?  I really would like to know!

4 comments:

  1. I love Yellow Rice! It does go well with chicken.
    Your menu plan sounds delicious.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Yellow Rice also - I always add green peas to the rice and chicken. (Just a little Cuban flair) Thanks for stopping by - hope you'll come back!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and your menu plan. I am new to menu planning. It is so helpful. I want the taco pie recipe.
    thanks, Juls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juls - Thanks, I'm so glad you like the blog and hope that you will come back often (even become a follower??). I know that menu planning can sometimes be difficult, but if you need some help please let me know - I'll be glad to help in any way that I can. I will be glad to post the taco pie recipe (I just hope to get some pictures of it first - IF I can keep my hubby from eating it all before I can get the camera out!). Thanks again - and I hope to "see" you again!
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...