He is such a pretty little bear - and he really isn't aggressive - just hungry. We can almost walk up to him to scare him back into the woods - now, don't get too excited - we don't get THAT close, but, as you can tell, we were close enough that I got some good pictures.
He had pretty much eaten all the food at the campsite next to this one, but we are not sure what he was after on top of the picnic table. Anyway, he finally went off into the woods and didn't mess with anyone else that day - he has been back in today and has flatten a tent (didn't tear it up) and the people have put it back up and I guess they will be staying in it tonight. More power to them.
Well, let me catch you up on what is going on - we will be leaving Juneau and start heading back to Florida this coming Tuesday - the 17th. We talked to our boss, Marc, and just explained the situation and told him we needed to get home and wanted to leave as soon as we could and still get our end of the season pay - well, he told us Tuesday that we had fulfilled our contract and we could leave whenever we had to. So, we went down to the ferry terminal to see when we could change our tickets to and they put us on the afternoon ferry on Tuesday. We let Marc know today (he wasn't in the office yesterday) and we turned in our paperwork for last month today. He told us today just to make sure that we attach receipts for the amount of the end of season payment to our last expense report and we would be getting that money in a couple of weeks - at least that will help with the expenses getting home.
Dan is excited about leaving and getting back to Florida - I mean, he hasn't even seen the house that we are buying yet - and we will possibly be back in time for closing. It will probably be closer to the fact that we will need to postpone closing for a couple of days - have it on Friday instead of Wednesday and we should be there. We will know more after we get on the road, but Dan is sure that we will be able to get there in time. He is planning on putting in some long days - probably 12 hours at a stretch - and we will see how that plays out, but I know that we will not be doing any sightseeing on the way home. Which means that I need to cancel all the reservations that I have made at the Redwood Forest, Yosemite, and the Balloon Fiesta. Oh well, maybe another time. Getting home is more important right now.
We went over to the visitor's center today and was looking for more bears - they are having a field day with the salmon on the creek there - but we didn't see any today. We did see some on Sunday - and I have a couple of pictures - maybe I will be able to post them tomorrow for you - will depend on the weather (I will NOT be sorry to leave all this rain!) Of course, once we leave here until we get back in the lower 48 I won't be able to post - just like when we were coming out. I don't know about places with WiFi going home and IF we put in 12 hour days and then have to cook dinner I don't know if I will be able to do much blogging anyway - but I will try and keep you up to date on the stuff that is happening.
Well, I guess I have bored you enough with my tales - I will need to do some emailing of places in the next day or so - I'll let you know how that works out. You guys take care and .............................
I'll talk to you tomorrow (hopefully!)