Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost packed

Well, we have worked hard today and have just about everything packed. We are not taking the "garage" - the guy who is taking our place is buying it from us - and Dan sold my bike (I wasn't real happy about that, but he says that we can buy another one once we get home IF I want another one). This way we don't have to worry about trying to figure out how we are going to transport it. We never could find a bike rack for the unit - so we would have a problem finding a way to get it home. (Really, it's okay - it is not going to hurt my feelings but I don't want Dan to know that!)

I still have to do a couple of loads of laundry - I just sent Dan in to take him shower so I can get a load started. I might not be able to get all the laundry done tonight - but I think I will have time in the morning. We don't have to be at the ferry until 1 tomorrow afternoon - so I will have all morning. Dan will work with Tom (the guy taking our place in the morning) and I can finish up with stuff here. I still need to cook the hamburgers and put them in the fridge and I'm thinking of browning some hamburger meat, so IF I want to make spaghetti one night all I'll have to do is cook the noodles and warm up the sauce and add the hamburger meat (of course, it doesn't take that long to brown the meat, so I might just hold off on that - depends on how much I get done with the things that HAVE to get done).

We worked together today and got the basement repacked - I think we have done a much better job of packing the basement then when we were coming out. Everything just seemed to fit better and we packed some other things in the basement that we had in the bed of the truck coming out. Of course, we did put two crates in the closet, and that makes a big difference. But I still think we did a much better job with things this time.

I will try and post tomorrow night, if we get into a park early enough. The ferry leaves at 3 (I know, I said that we had to be there at 1 - you have to be there 2 hours in advance or they give your space away) and it takes four and a half hours to get to Skagway. IF we are on time that will get us there at 7:30 and then have to find a place to camp for the night. I'm sure that we will both be tired - so, I might be able to post again until we get to the lower 48. I can always post while driving in the truck if I have to when we get down that way. So, if you don't see any new posts from me until the weekend you will know that we are in Canada and headed home and I will get you caught up as soon as I can.

In the meantime, you guys take it easy. Oh, by the way, I have applied for a job down in Lake Placid - say a couple of prayers that IF it is what the good Lord has in mind for me to do, that I get this job. It will certainly help with the remodeling! Thanks everyone.

Take care and I'll talk to you down the road!


  1. Hope this finds you having a great day traveling in Alaska as you begin your trip home. We have been away celebrating our 45 years together - so missed several days of your news. Sounds like you had a smooth time making the transition to "back on the road". Although we celebrated your birthdays before you left - hope you had a great Birthday Dan. Look forward to your travel news on your way to Florida.


Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...