Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Apple Enchiladas

Yesterday I told you that I had made a dessert a little while ago and that I would share it with you this week.  Well, here it is:

Many of us are hooked on Pinterest and I am among those that seem to 'pin' all kinds of things and don't do any of them.  I decided that I was going to get off my duff and do SOMETHING!  So, I pulled up my boards and decided to look at my 'cooking' pins and saw "Apple Enchiladas".  Hmmmm, that sounds good - so, let's try that one.


First thing first - 

Needed apple pie filling, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, butter, water, and flour tortillas.


(please ignore the fish in the background - the dogs broke a piece off and Mountain Man had glued it back on - well, we do keep it real)


Put the brown sugar, white sugar, water and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat and simmer for three minutes.




Now, I don't have pictures of this step, but its really easy.

Place approx. a quarter cup of the apple pie filling in the middle of the tortilla.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Roll up, tucking in edges, and place in a prepared pan.
(see told ya it was easy!)




Pour sauce over the enchiladas.



Let stand for 45 minutes.

Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.




I don't have pictures of the best part - 

eating.

Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

YUMMY!!!!


Here is the recipe:

1 can apple pie filling
 (peach or cherry can be substituted)

6 flour tortillas

ground cinnamon to taste

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup water

Spoon approx. 1/4 cup apple pie filling down the center of the tortilla.

Sprinkle with cinnamon - roll up, tucking in edges and place seam side down in prepared pan (to prepare pan - rub with butter on bottom and sides.)

Place butter, both sugars, and water in medium saucepan over medium heat.
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat and simmer for three minutes.

Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand for 45 minutes.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

This was from the blog 

Cornfed Momma

and here is a link to the original post:


(gotta give credit where credit is due!)



Hope you enjoy!

Hugs-

Carol





2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm, these sound very yummy! Have to try them soon.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue - Hope you have a fabulous day also!
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...