Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Menu

Good morning everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend - things were a little busy around here (as usual), but some decisions were made.  I'll talk about them in a later post - today we are talking food.  

It is also confession time - I did not cook any night the last week of September.  What?  I think that we are a little different than everyone else (no smart comments from my children please).  You see, I think that everyone else eats out the first of the month - when they have "extra" money.  While I 'hunker down' and cook at home the first three weeks - but by the time that last week of the month comes I'm sick of cooking.  So, Mountain Man indulges me and takes me out to eat (of course, he just might be tired of my cooking - LOL!)

Last week I was back cooking at home, for the most part.  To tell you the truth I can not remember what we ate on Sunday or Monday - isn't that awful?  Here is the plan for Tuesday through Saturday:

Tuesday, October 2: Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Salad
Wednesday, October 3: Chicken & Yellow Rice, Salad, Garlic Bread
Thursday, October 4: Bar B Que Pork Sandwiches, Chips
Friday, October 5: Dinner Out
Saturday, October 6: Dinner at my Mom's

Yes, I changed the menu for Wednesday night when we had company - I thought we would have Country Ribs, but it rained just about every afternoon last week and I was afraid that it would rain Wednesday, so I switched to Chicken and Yellow Rice.  I cooked a whole chicken on Tuesday in the Crock Pot and then deboned it and made the dish on Wednesday.  Made it much easier on everyone.

Now, let's move on to this week.  I have done the plan for the entire month and will be doing the grocery list today - to make our monthly grocery store run.  We are just about out of everything and our freezer is just about empty. This is going to be an expensive trip!

Here is the plan for this week:

Sunday, October 7 - Left over Bar B Que Pork sandwiches, Oven Fries
(I fixed the pork in the crock pot last week)
Monday, October 8 - Left over Country Ribs, Potato Salad
(MM fixed the ribs on the grill Saturday during the day)
Tuesday, October 9 - Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday, October 10 - Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Thursday, October 11 - Ham, Great Northern Beans, Cornbread
(Crock Pot meal)
Friday, October 12 - Pizza
Saturday, October 13 - Chicken Quisadilas
Sunday, October 14 - Grilled Steak, Baked Potato, Salad

As you can see, I fixed a lot of stuff in the Crock Pot last week and we are eating it this week.  It does make life easier, and I'm really lucky in that Mountain Man will eat just about anything.

Hope you guys are having a fabulous day and I'll have some posts for you later during the week.  (I know - I haven't been doing many posts during the week - seems I'm a little busy during the week.  I need to see if I can get the blog done at night!  I'll work on it - okay?)

See ya later!

Hugs -

Carol

2 comments:

  1. I love your thinking ahead, I count myself lucky, if leftovers make it in the freezer. Now that we are "down" to 4 in the house I should finally get my butt on the go and cook full meals ahead instead of freezing the odd portion for the hubs to take.
    Have an most awesome week,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue - I know how difficult it is to plan ahead. I did spend this morning (between taking care of little bit) cooking up a bunch of ground beef to put in the freezer in individual packages - that way all I have to do is take it out when I need it and dinner is ready much faster! I also separated frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts into packages with three in each - also to make things easier for getting dinner on the table. Every little bit helps!
    Have a fabulous week my friend!
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...