Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Still working on the fireplace along with other stuff

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - was really busy doing other stuff. Dan and I had to go into town (I don't think we will ever NOT have to go into town every day!) and we also had to go over to my mom's to take care of her cat. It just seems like sometimes we just run around in circles and don't get anything accomplished. Do any of you ever feel that way?

Anyway, today has been a little better. Dan got up and decided that he needed to put the first coat of paint on the fireplace to see where we are - he is still thinking about adding something else, but that is for a much later post. Anyway - here he is painting the fireplace -------------

As you can see, he has only completed one shelf. He is trying to decide the spacing on the other shelves. He says that is one of the reasons he wanted to paint the fireplace today - to see how it was going to look, so he could "visualize" the rest.



Here we are all painted - just the first coat, of course, but it does give you an idea of what it will look like when it is finished. However, I don't think it will be finished by this weekend. Oh well, he will get it done soon - he wants to see it finished also. (The boxes leaning on the wall is the cabinet that we are taking back to IKEA, maybe tomorrow.)



Now, this is not the only project that he has been working on (maybe that is why he won't have it finished by this weekend).


When I have shown you pictures of the master bathroom in the past I have been very careful NOT to show you the half wall that separates the toilet from the rest of the bathroom - there was a very good reason for this. The top was not finished. The drywall wall came up and just stopped - no finishing. So, one of the things that Dan has done this week is complete the top on the wall. It looks really nice. If you notice the leaded glass window pane leaning up against the wall - well we are going to hang that from the ceiling over this wall as a visual break - I think it will really look nice when we get it hung. I have had this window pane since I was 18 years old - my mom and dad brought this back from Canada when Daddy worked up there in the late 1960's. (1968 - 1971 to be exact.) I have loved this window and have had it hanging in several of my homes over the years - you know, just one of those things that you keep and find a place for. When we get it hung I'll take more pictures for you to see and see what you think.



Now there has been one other project that we have been working on - and that was also in the master bedroom.


Our drapes came in a couple of days ago and we needed the rods to hang them. Well, we got those today but the finials we bought aren't going to work - so, we are going to have to take them back and get some different ones.



Another view of the room - we still have some work to do in here. The desk for the opposite side of the room will be delivered on Friday - so I will get that all set up. We still need to get pictures for the room - I think we are going to use some of the pictures I took on one of our cruises. They are tropical which is the feeling, or mood, that we are going for in this room. We shall see.




Well, we have one other furniture delivery that we have been waiting for - the chairs that are going in front of the fireplace. Well, they are suppose to be delivered on Saturday morning - FINALLY!!! That will be all the furniture deliveries - then it will be just finishing up some of the things around - the big thing is still the shelves around the fireplace. But, I am sure that Dan will get it all finished by NEXT weekend. I'll keep you posted.



Well, gotta run. Have a good evening, and I'll talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. Still enjoying your blog about the "demolition and reconstruction" of your home. You have good decorating sense.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...