Thursday, August 4, 2011

Didn't seem to get ANYTHING done today!



Today was one of those days that you just don't get a whole lot accomplished. It has seemed to be that way a lot this week. It just seems like we have not gotten that much done - the fireplace is not finished. In fact, all Dan did today was fill in nail holes with putty. Now, in his defense, he did tell me late this afternoon that he wasn't feeling that well today - he says he has an ear ache. So, I have given him his alcohol/peroxide mixture. Let's see how that does.


Tomorrow the office furniture will be delivered - so I will need to dismantle the make shift office that I have set up now. I guess that means something will get done tomorrow, I'll get to finally get the office set up the way I want it to be. Which also means that I'll need to go through the file cabinet in the guest bedroom closet and get it straightened out. Looks like I will be a lot of "house keeping" tomorrow!


I did do one thing today - I ordered the pictures for the bedroom. I thought you might like to see the pictures that we are going to use - and since they are pictures that I took on one of our cruises I can show them to you ----------------------






These were all taken in Mexico two years ago. They are just a little tropical, don't you think? These pictures have the right colors in them, they are less expensive than going out and buying new pictures, plus they will remind us of a trip that we took and enjoyed. Not too bad.


I did plant the geraniums today that we had bought earlier in the week. About a week ago - whenever it was that we took Mom with us to Winter Haven - we stopped at the new Walmart on the east side and I found a plastic "bucket" on sale that I wanted to use to plant some geraniums in. This week when we went into town I bought three plants at $2 each. I needed to get Dan to drill some holes in the bottom of the bucket before I could plant it (didn't want the plants to get root rot) which he did for me this morning. So, I got those planted and they look really nice, at least I think so. Sorry, I didn't take pictures - maybe I'll get one tomorrow.


It has rained a couple of times today which is really a good thing - Lake June could use the water. I don't think the weather men are calling for much rain this weekend, and we sure haven't gotten much this week. It has rained all around us, but no rain here in Lake Placid. So, I was actually glad to see the rain.


I did go through some cookbooks today and sorta planned menu's for next week - just have to actually write things down and write a grocery order - trying to save some money and to do that you have to know what you are buying. This will be even more important IF Polk County decides to up our insurance rates again - our retirement sure isn't going up any, so that means another cut in income, and with me not working - well, you can see where this is going. Well, I think I'll close for tonight on that "Debbie Downer"! Oh, before I do, just wanted to do a quick shout out to Dennis - glad you are still with me and that you are still enjoying the blog!


Okay, guys, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! Talk to you then. (Oh, and the first picture above is from Unicoi State Park outside Helen, GA - just one of my favorite pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...