Monday, August 1, 2011

"Shopping" in the storage unit



Okay, I've heard of people "shopping" in their closets, or even shopping in their friends closets, but have you ever heard of anyone "shopping" in their storage unit???? Well, that is sorta what I did this morning.

Let me explain. Dan and I went over to the storage unit to look for some things that we were missing, one of the things I was looking for is some material that I had purchased while we were still living in North Carolina and I think this material would make a great faux roman shade for the window in the master bathroom. Anyway, while Dan was looking for some other things, I was looking around for the box that might contain this material and instead I found two crates with clothes in them. Now, I haven't seen these clothes since we left North Carolina - and that has been almost four years ago (can that be possible? - Wow, time flies!). I convinced Dan that I just HAD to bring these two crates home and go through them.

Now, I'm not talking big crates, as you can tell from the picture shown above of the empty one, but it was two crates of clothes - mostly slacks - that I wish I had known about last year when I was actually working. Anyway, I brought them home and started to try stuff on.





These are the Capri's that fit - of course, some of them are ones that I will just wear around the house to clean, do any painting that needs to be done, and work out in the yard - in other words, not worthy of wearing away from home, but I found some nice treasure in those two crates.




This is the good stuff. Five pairs of "dress" or work slacks and four pairs of linen Capri's/slacks. IF I get a job I certainly will not have to worry about having dress pants to wear to work! Actually, some of these slacks were slacks that I wore my last year of teaching in Polk County, that was over TEN years ago!!! See, if you buy classic style clothing, they never go out of style!



Another shot of the haul out of those two crates. The only thing that I will need to do before I wear these "out" will be to borrow Melissa's steamer - it will certainly get the wrinkles out and then I won't have to worry about anything. (In case you are wondering about how clean these are - well, they still had the tag on them from the dry cleaners. I had everything cleaned before packing them up in North Carolina! They are just a little wrinkled from being in the crate.





This is the crate of things that I still want to keep and will leave packed up. The slacks on the top are winter slacks - corduroy that I won't wear down here until late winter, IF we have really cold weather. In the bottom of this crate I placed the denim skirt that I wore when Dan and I got married along with the shirt that I wore. There are a couple of other things that I wanted to keep - a couple of pairs of slacks that are still just a little too small, but I might be able to wear in another few months - who knows. Anyway, I'll keep this crate for a while - if I don't go into it in a year, well, I'll just have to get rid of the some of the stuff. We shall see.


It is two less crates in the storage unit. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I did not find the material I was looking for. That will have to wait for another day of discovery!


Hope you are having a great day and I'll talk to you later!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...