Friday, July 16, 2010

Waiting for the paperwork

I'm just hanging out in Lake Placid waiting for the bank to send all the paperwork so we can finalize the purchase of the house. Once we get the paperwork we can order the home inspection and have that done before I leave to go back to Juneau. (Actually we have 10 days after we get the paperwork to get the home inspection done.) Our realtor says that it will not be a problem for us to have everything done before I leave - but we have to wait to get the paperwork.

Anyway, Melissa and I went to her school and worked there today - she moved into a new classroom and all the cabinets and bookshelves needed to be cleaned. So, we spent all day getting that done so next week she can put all her stuff away. Of course, we have to go to Atlanta next weekend before I fly back to Juneau - I can help her in her room next week except when we have to get the inspection done.

I want to go to Home Depot and Lowes sometime this weekend - I want to get paint chips and I also want to look at tile and bathroom cabinets, tubs, toilets, sinks, kitchen stuff - all kinds of things. There are all kinds of things that I want to look at but we can only look at this point, but at least we can get an idea.

Well, I really don't have much else to report - I have talked to Dan several times in the last few days - he is working hard in Juneau and I feel really bad leaving him up there having to work and I'm down here, but it was his idea - okay, it was both of our idea. It will all be worth it in the long run. I guess I will sign off for tonight - I hope that you are all having a good summer - and I hope you have a great weekend. Take care and ------------------

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the impending purchase -- seems both exciting and a bit exhausting.-- what's the street address in Lake Placid so people can look it up on Google Maps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't imagine what was worth a last minute plane ticket from Alaska to Florida other than a medical or family emergency. You scared me!! Glad to hear all is well and you're so excited about the house. We can stop and see you next time we go to Punta Gorda!! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...