Monday, November 14, 2011

Subbing

Well, today I taught school again.  Yeah, I know - I wasn't going to do that again, but you know, when your baby is sick you do what you have to do.  What is in the world am I talking about?  Well, those of you that have read my blog for awhile know that my youngest daughter teaches Middle School and I taught at the same school last year.  Then I re-retired at the end of the school year last year ( a lot of that due to the trouble I had and part due to the budget cuts and my position being cut).  We also know that my youngest daughter is expecting her first child - and she is having a really rough time.  She is having a lot of morning sickness - well, I really shouldn't even call it "morning sickness" it should be called "all day sickness".  She is sick from the time she gets up in the morning until she goes to bed at night (almost).  So, she asked me if I would go on the sub list so I could teach her classes when she has to be out.  Well, I am now on the sub list and I taught for her today.

You know what?  I'm whipped!  I think you forget how much energy it takes to teach school all day - you are walking, on concrete floors, all day long.  And talking - all day.  You don't realize how much you have to talk when you teach - until you have to teach.  Okay, you don't talk ALL day - but it sure does feel like it!  Anyway, today was NOT a bad day.  Of course, there were a couple of kids that wanted to talk all the time - that happens everywhere- but it was a pretty good day. 

I will also sub some at the elementary school - just to see if this is something I would consider going back to do.  I know that some of you will think that I am nuts, but I really do enjoy teaching - I do love to help students learn.  Do I like all the paperwork and the other garbage that goes along with it - that is what I need to figure out.  So, I will do some subbing this year and see what comes up for next year.  But then again, next year I'll have a sweet little baby to take care of - I think that will be soooooo much better than teaching school.  What do you think??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...