Monday, September 19, 2011

Dan's Bored

I don't know about the rest of you, but when Dan gets bored it usually means work for me, or it costs us money.  That is just the way it works in our house.  So, last week, when he looked at me and said those two dreaded words "I'm bored" I knew that I was in trouble.

Me -  "What do you want to do?" 
Dan - "I dunno."
Me -  "Do you want to go for a ride?"
Dan - "I dunno."

Now, we could go on and on like this for hours unless I actually come up with "something" to do.  So, on Friday I actually had an idea that might not cost me too much money.

Me - " Do you want to go see if we can find some garage sales?"
Dan - "Okay."

So, we pour a cup of coffee to go, load up in the truck, and head out.  Now, for the first time since we have been in Lake Placid there were NO garage sales in our neighborhood - nada, zip, none.  Dan decides that we will go look in a different neighborhood - Lake June West - which is a little more upscale place than ours.  Well, there must be something in the air because there are not any garage sales that we can find in all of Lake Placid. 

Now, I'm thinking - What am I going to do now? when Dan decides that he wants to ride down to Lake June in Winter Scrub State Park, since we were pretty close to the park and I had never been there, but that had been one of his jobs when we worked at Highland Hammock State Park almost two years ago.  Well, to tell you the truth, there really wasn't a whole lot there - but it did give us somewhere to go for a little while.

When we came out of the park Dan stopped to look at the map because he decided that he wanted to go look around Lake Francis.  We know someone who lives on Lake Francis and Dan was determined to find their house.  Anyway, we are just sitting at the end of the road at the park entrance - on the left is an open field.  We had been looking down at a map trying to figure out how to get to the north side of Lake Francis when I look up and say "Deer!"  There in the open field is a beautiful doe - she seems a bit skittish but then she starts to feed when she determines that we aren't out to harm her.  When all of a sudden I look over toward the orange grove and there is an eight point buck!  He is GORGEOUS!!!!!  Well, the doe takes off running for the hills and the buck takes off after her.  What a show!  I guess that was worth going out on a ride around Lake Placid.  Oh, we did find our way to the north side of Lake Francis and we did find the house we were looking for.

After spending about 3 hours riding around Dan decided that he was ready to go home, but I could still see that "bored" look in his eyes.  That leads me to the Saturday adventure- but I will leave that till tomorrow - check back in and see what Dan has gotten us into now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...