Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 8 of the project

Well, this is week eight of the remodeling project and I thought I would give you a visual reminder of where we were and were we are now. I think you might be a little surprised - I think there has been great improvement - you'll have to let me know what you think.

First let's start with the kitchen:



This is the before - ugly pink cabinets and a strange layout (okay - Dan put some of the cabinets in the middle of the floor so we could get an idea of what the island was going to be like - it isn't like that at all!)

We were also closed off from the rest of the house. There was also the issue of the wallpaper. Well, that's all changed now -----------------------------






This is the new kitchen - we aren't quite finished with it yet - we still have to do the back splash - but that is a project for us to complete - not part of the "scope of work" of the remodeling project. Dan is sure we can complete this project later (there are a couple of other things we want to get finished first - like the fireplace mantle and surround, but I'm sure we will get it done).






This is another picture of the kitchen - it is so much brighter and while the actual 'footprint' of the kitchen did not change, and we did not change the location of any of the appliances - it just seems so much bigger! We have ordered the blind for the window and it is suppose to be here by next Friday. By the way, I love my farm sink!







This was the master bath area - if you look in the reflection in the mirror you can see the vanity - an ugly gray and the angled walls. Well, the angles are gone and so is the gray vanity ---------










This is the new vanity - the wall on the left is the new linen closet. I did not take a picture of the shower area yet because the new shower doors are going to be installed on Friday - so I'll wait until then to post pictures of that part of the bathroom. The door reflected in the mirror is the door to the walk in closet. I'll post picture of it on the next blog.





You might remember the dining room area was at the front of the house and originally we couldn't decide if we wanted to make it the 'living room' or not. Well, we decided to make it the dining room and I'm so glad we did, because it turned out looking like this -----------------




Looks a little different huh? As you can tell, I have not done any decorating yet. I'm still unpacking boxes and washing everything that has to be washed and put away. It really is like moving all over again and in some ways worse (if it can be worse) because you have to wash absolutely everything - there is construction dust in places where there shouldn't be construction dust! There is no way we could have lived here during this project - it would have just been too much.


Okay - my computer has been acting a little weird tonight with the downloading of photos - first it will saw that they are downloaded it is just a blank box and then it downloaded this one twice on one shot - who knows - it has just taken me twice as long to download the pictures as I thought it would. Anyway, forgive the second shot of the same thing. Moving on -





This is the entry way into the house with the dining room on the right of the picture and the kitchen is on the left-----------------------------



This is the new entry way - taken from just about the same place in the living room.






Well, this is just a little taste of the before and afters of the project. Hope you enjoy them. Let me know what you think. There will be more coming. We are still waiting on one more set of chairs (the ones for the fireplace). The man is suppose to be here on Wednesday to refinish the Whirlpool tub in the guest bathroom and, as I've already said, they are installing the new shower doors on Friday. The end is definitely in sight.


Take care and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...