Monday, June 20, 2011

Conference

At the conference in Leesburg this week with Melissa. Don't ask me why, just sounded like a good idea back in January when we signed up for it. Anyway, a lot of things that we were "suppose" to have - like private rooms and free wireless Internet - we don't. So, to say that this is going to be a very short post will be an understatement. (We are on a lunch break right now, and I'm running on my air card - I knew there was a reason I hadn't gotten rid of it yet!)

I was going to post pictures of the paint colors of the house - but it would just take way too long with the service that I have right now - even with the air card the service goes in and out. So, I will wait until I get home and post the pictures - let's just say that we are still having issues with the yellow bedroom - I was going to help Dan paint it for the THIRD time Saturday before Melissa and I left Sunday to come to this conference -but they haven't finished with the ceiling patch in that bedroom yet (another story I will tell you about later) - so we couldn't paint. I did buy some different paint (the THIRD color) and maybe Dan will have it painted before I get home on Thursday - but I wouldn't bet on it.

I will give you a little heads up of what it suppose to be happening this week while I am gone - the tile in the bathrooms is being done - the new flooring in the rest of the house is being done - that should take the four days we are gone. Late Thursday and Friday they are suppose to install the kitchen - then we can call for the template of the granite counter tops and then the electrician and plumber can come back and all the doors can be hung and the trim work can go up. There is still a lot of work to be done, but our goal is to be back in the house in two week - that would be 4th of July weekend. We shall see.

Well, I gotta run - got to get to class. Yahoo! (sarcasm!) Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...