Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekly Recap

Last week started out slow, was busy in the middle, and then slowed down again at the end.  Monday was laundry day.  I also spent some time down with mom - checking on her and making sure she has food in.  She has gotten really bad about not buying anything but junk food - cookies, potato chips, crackers.  So, I go down to the local grocery store and buy her some frozen dinners, potatoes, and canned goods.  She is a really picky eater and sometimes it is hard for me to find anything that I think she will eat.  We have tried putting money on her ID card that she could use in the Dining Room or the little deli, but she has yet to use it.  We have bought her lunches from the dining room and taken them to her - but it's hard to find food she will eat.  Anyway, I have found that there are some frozen meals that she likes - so I will continue to buy those for her.

Tuesday was spent cleaning house - you know all the usual stuff you do when you clean - dust, clean the bathrooms, sweep the floors, mop, and run the vacuum.  I waited to do the back porch on Friday to make sure it was nice for the weekend.

Wednesday was my day to volunteer down at the store - it was VERY slow.  As in, no one even came into the shop.  That's okay, as it gave me time to get some paperwork done.  Wednesday afternoon I checked on mom again - taking her another selection of frozen dinners.  I also took in some bread and lunch meat.

Thursday morning I was up early, as I had fasting labs here at the Medical Center.  Then I came home, had some coffee, before jumping in the shower and getting ready to head to Gainesville.  I picked mom up at 10:30 and we headed down for our yearly mammogram.  We were early enough that I took her to lunch before our appointment - I went back first and then it was mom's turn.  The doctor where we go has you wait while she reads the test and she comes in and gives you the results before you leave.  We both were clear and we won't have to go back until next year.  I did do the 3D mammogram as I do have a lot of false reports - it costs more than what the insurance will pay, but it's better for my peace of mind.

After the doctor's appointment mom wanted to go to the bookstore and buy a specific book - so we went to Books-A-Million and she was able to buy the two books she was missing and pre-ordered the next one by the same author.  It will be shipped directly to her when the book is released on the 30th.  Much simpler than having to make an additional trip to Gainesville.

Friday Dan and I headed over to Lake City for his follow up with his new cardiologist.  The cardiologist he had been seeing left the group - so, Dan is now seeing the doctor that performed his surgery for his ICD.  He had a good check up and the doctor has given us the goal of losing 10 pounds in 5 months (well, actually 4 months as we will see him again in May), but that is a doable goal and so we are working on it. (It would be easier if the weather would cooperate.)

After leaving the doctor's office we went down to the bank that we had the Escape financed through to close that account.  When the Escape was paid off they didn't take into account the last payment that I had made - so we had some money left in the account.  We decided that we didn't need another account in a different bank - so it was easy to just close the account.

Then it was off to Cracker Barrel for an early lunch before heading back toward home.  We did make a stop at Publix to pick up the pastries for the coffee we were hosting on Saturday (my Coffee on the Back Porch entry) before coming home and finishing up the cleaning of the house.  I cleaned the back porch but I was pretty sure that we would not be having the coffee on the actual back porch due to the cold weather.  After getting everything cleaned Dan decided that we needed to go back into town to WalMart and pick up a few other things.  While we were in town we stopped at a local buffet (Fusion Cooking) for supper before coming back home.  We stopped at mom's and I took her in some more frozen dinners (I picked up a good assortment at WalMart, as they had a better selection than our little store here).  Then it was home to get everything set up for the coffee.


Which brings us to Sunday - which was spent sitting on the couch watching the football playoffs.  I didn't even get out of my p.j.'s all day!  Now I will say that we did make a major goof - Sunday night was Pal Night and we forgot - I just plain out forgot.  I had not looked at the calendar since Wednesday so I didn't realize that it was this past Sunday.  Anyway, the point is, we just didn't do a darn thing all day on Sunday.  (No, we didn't go to church - there is a lot of flu going around and we have decided that until the "epidemic" has past we will just watch the service on TV.  So, while we didn't "go to church" we did "go to church" - does that make sense???)

So, that was my week.  Hope you had a great week and we'll "see" you soon!

Hugs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...