Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Brrrrr! It''s cold outside!!

Oh boy!  It's really cold here (by Florida standards).  I'm sure my friends up north would laugh at us, but when we woke up this morning it was a crisp 27 degrees and a frozen wonderland outside.



I was sitting on the couch thinking - I really don't want to get up and get ready to go open the shop when I know I'll be the only person there.


There were icicles everywhere and the weather men were saying there was black ice on the roadways.



Not only were there icicles there was freezing rain that might turn into snow.





See the rain falling in the background?





But, like a good volunteer, I was all ready to go get in the shower, get dressed, and head into the shop.  I mean I figured I could read all day, right?


Didn't matter that my car was all frozen - it would thaw out eventually.





Then, who should come to my rescue but my "boss". I talked to her just before heading in to get ready and she told me to stay home - no body needed to be out in the weather!  And guess what, I didn't argue with her!

So, just a nice day quiet day spent on the couch with a fire in the fireplace.

All the ice has melted now, but they are calling for even colder temperatures tonight and all this water will refreeze.  Glad I don't have to be anywhere until Friday!

Hope you all are staying warm!

Oh, and no we didn't get any snow!  Darn it!!!!

Hugs!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, I would never laugh about you. It is more dangerous at 27 F with freezing rain then at -4F in the wind (last weekends temperature). I am glad to got to stay at home safely. I will keep a close eye on the forecast for the next couple of days as it moving from you towards us. Not for me at work, I'm fine there (they book us hotel rooms if it's unsafe to travel) - more for Rolf being on the road with the big rig. Hugs and please stay safe my friends, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thanks so much - we are just trying to stay warm here - I do have a meeting I have to go to tomorrow, but it is here in the Village so I won't be on the highways - just local. I will pray that Rolf stays safe and has no issues with the weather. Stay warm my friend!
      Hugs!!

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...