Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Brrr! It's cold outside

I think three quarters of the country could say that.  I'm not sure where it would be warm right now - Hawaii maybe???  South Florida??? (although they are suppose to be down in the 40's tomorrow - which is really cold for them).  

We have been in the 20's at night and the low to mid 30's during the day - we haven't had any more ice and no snow - just bitterly cold temperatures (for us) and the wind chill today put it down into single digits.

So, what have I been doing to pass the time since it's too cold to go outside?  Well, I've binge watched the PBS series Victoria - it is AWESOME!!!  I had read the book and then I decided to watch the series - I have been able to watch it for free on Amazon Prime Video.  The first episode of season two was on Monday night and I finished all but one episode before the premier of season two.  (I have since watched the last one of season one)  I have really enjoyed this show - now, I have to decide if I want to do a free trial of Netflix so I can watch the new season of The Crown or wait.  It's another really good series that I was able to watch last year on line - Season One.  I have not seen any of Season Two yet - so the dilemma.

I have also watched a couple of movies on Amazon Prime Video - yesterday I watched The Circle with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson.  It was a very interesting movie.  Would I call it great or awesome?  Nope - but it did cause you to stop and think about social media and the part it plays in our life.

Today I had to go into the store - we weren't real busy - but I did have a couple of customer's who bought some cards and one bought a book.  After I got off work I met Dan at the Café for lunch.  Then it was time to come home and get comfy, sit on the couch and enjoy the fire.




If you're looking for me - this is where I will be!

Stay warm everyone!

Hugs!!!!








2 comments:

  1. Right know I would love to sit in front of the fire with you! The snow has been coming down most of the day and it is just no fun at all to be outside. We are supposed to get a total of 6-8 inches, then rain overnight. The temperature is hoovering in the low twenties today after a very warm spell last week. I have Netflix, but we don't watch regular TV. Let's have a nice cup of tea together ;) Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have sitting in front of the fire with us! We will have to have our cup of tea together in a different place - but someday we will have to do have that cup of tea together. Until then stay warm and safe my friend!
      Hugs, Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...