Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Menu



Happy Monday everyone - hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  It has been interesting around here!  I spent most of Saturday working on projects for "the" baby shower - and I plan on sharing some of the decor this week (I just can't wait!) - but that will be on Friday, so be sure to check back in to see some of the pretty stuff!

Okay, now about the menu.  Last week we did a pretty good job.  I told you last week that we were having company on Thursday so I switched some things around, but we stayed with what was going on during the week.  As a review - this is what was planned:
                   Monday  - Country Ribs, Potato Salad, Baked Beans
Tuesday - Baked Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Tangy Chicken, Mashed Potatoes Broccoli
Thursday - Southwest Taco Pie
Friday - Movie Night, Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Chef's Choice
Sunday - Ham w/Great Northern Beans, Cornbread


This is what we actually ate on each night:


Monday - Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Wednesday - Southwest Taco Pie
Thursday - Country Ribs, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Baked Beans, Strawberry Shortcake
Friday - Dinner at my Mom's (Pizza)
Saturday - Leftovers

As you can see - we did change up some things (no baked spaghetti - just regular spaghetti and baked chicken instead of Tangy Chicken).  So, while I stayed with the theme of the week - I did stray a little.  That's okay.  At least I had everything I needed and this just shows you that you don't have to be rigid when you do menu planning.

Now, as you see above, I did fix Southwest Taco Pie and I have pictures to prove it!


As you can see I do not 'stage' my pictures - this is just how it looked on the counter after Mountain Man cut our servings (yep, between the two of us we ate half the pie!).  Maybe I need to working on the staging - what do you think?

I did take pictures of each step while I prepared the recipe - and instead of posting all the pictures today I will do a separate post on the pie tomorrow.  Please be sure to come back to get the recipe - you will be surprised at how very simple this is to fix and it is YUMMY!!!!

Okay, let's look and see what is on the menu for this week:

Monday, March 26 - Steak, Baked Potato, Green Beans
Tuesday, March 27 - Chicken Italiano, Pasta, Salad
Wednesday, March 28 - Oven Baked Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes, Honey Carrots
Thursday, March 29 - Chicken Burritos, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans
Friday, March 30 - Movie Night, HOMEMADE PIZZA
Saturday, March 31 - Chef's Choice
Sunday, April 1st - Chicken and Yellow Rice, Green Peas

So, how did you do this week - did you do like I did and switch things up a little or did you go completely "off the wagon"?  What is on your menu plan for this week - leave me a comment and a link to your blog (or just list you menu in the comments).  I would really like to see what you have planned for the week!

Well, gotta run - the dryer is "calling".  Remember to come back tomorrow for that recipe - you'll be glad you did!

See ya tomorrow!


Hugs -

Carol



I'm linking up to:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...