Thursday, December 15, 2011

Garage Sale Punch Bowl

We are having an Open House at our house this Saturday.  One of the things that I have been looking for is a punch bowl.  You know, this is not something that you keep on hand.  Especially when you have been full time RVer's for a couple of years before you go back to "sticks and bricks" a little over a year ago.  Dan and I are slowly getting things together again to entertain with.  When you live in a thirty-eight foot 5th wheel you just don't have room for a punch bowl (but to tell you the truth - I didn't have a punch bowl BEFORE we moved into the RV). 

Well, I thought that I would be able to borrow a punch bowl for the Open House this weekend.  However, even though I put out a S.O.S. to my friends around our neighborhood - it didn't seem that anyone around had one.  My mom had even given the one she had away.  I was really starting to panic.  I have to say that my DSIL's mother did say that I could borrow her punch bowl, but it belonged to her grandmother - and I was just scared to death that something would happen to it.  I just would NEVER forgive myself if it was broken.  (I have told you about the one time I borrowed something valuable before, right?)

I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to have to buy a BIG bowl and just make due.  Until this morning.  Dan and I started to go to the grocery store to pick up the last minute details for the party when we saw a "garage sale" sign.  Lately we just can't seem to resist a garage sale even though, most of the time, we don't buy anything. 

Imagine my surprise when I spied this -------------------





Now, it didn't look like this when I saw it.  It was filthy!  But I saw the potential and I knew that it would work for my Open House.  It didn't have the ladle or any cups, but that's okay - I really didn't want them anyway.  I walked over to it and looked at it - and almost fainted when I saw the price - twenty-five cents.
Yep, you read that right $.25.
T W E N T Y - F I V E   C E N T S !!!!!

Such a deal!  I am so excited.

I brought that sucker home, washed it up and set it up on the buffet.  I think it is going to work out just perfect.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...