About Me

My Photo
Hi! Welcome to my little corner of the world - I'm glad you are here! This is the personal journal of my life in south-central Florida. Would love for you to follow along.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Garage Sale Punch Bowl

We are having an Open House at our house this Saturday.  One of the things that I have been looking for is a punch bowl.  You know, this is not something that you keep on hand.  Especially when you have been full time RVer's for a couple of years before you go back to "sticks and bricks" a little over a year ago.  Dan and I are slowly getting things together again to entertain with.  When you live in a thirty-eight foot 5th wheel you just don't have room for a punch bowl (but to tell you the truth - I didn't have a punch bowl BEFORE we moved into the RV). 

Well, I thought that I would be able to borrow a punch bowl for the Open House this weekend.  However, even though I put out a S.O.S. to my friends around our neighborhood - it didn't seem that anyone around had one.  My mom had even given the one she had away.  I was really starting to panic.  I have to say that my DSIL's mother did say that I could borrow her punch bowl, but it belonged to her grandmother - and I was just scared to death that something would happen to it.  I just would NEVER forgive myself if it was broken.  (I have told you about the one time I borrowed something valuable before, right?)

I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to have to buy a BIG bowl and just make due.  Until this morning.  Dan and I started to go to the grocery store to pick up the last minute details for the party when we saw a "garage sale" sign.  Lately we just can't seem to resist a garage sale even though, most of the time, we don't buy anything. 

Imagine my surprise when I spied this -------------------





Now, it didn't look like this when I saw it.  It was filthy!  But I saw the potential and I knew that it would work for my Open House.  It didn't have the ladle or any cups, but that's okay - I really didn't want them anyway.  I walked over to it and looked at it - and almost fainted when I saw the price - twenty-five cents.
Yep, you read that right $.25.
T W E N T Y - F I V E   C E N T S !!!!!

Such a deal!  I am so excited.

I brought that sucker home, washed it up and set it up on the buffet.  I think it is going to work out just perfect.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment