Saturday, October 7, 2017

Lakeland

Hi everyone!  Hope you all have had a great week.  I thought I would let you know what Dan and I have been up the past week.

A couple of weeks ago Dan and I were sitting in the family room, probably watching TV or playing on our Kindles, when Dan looked over at me and said "I miss my girls".  I told him that I could have a suitcase packed in half an hour - but he had a more level head and said "How about the weekend?"  So, I texted my daughter to make sure they didn't have anything planned and told her we MIGHT be down on Friday.  I was suppose to call her the next day, but I didn't because Dan didn't feel well on Thursday and I wasn't sure we were going.  But Friday morning, while sitting on the back porch, we decided we would head down after lunch.  

I went over to Mom's and made sure she was good for the weekend - had food in the house and everything handled for the couple of days we would be gone.  Then I came home and packed for us while Dan got the stuff together for the dog.  We were on the road by noon and decided to go the more scenic route instead of the interstate.  We made it down to Melissa's by around 5, but the girls weren't home yet - and they didn't know we would be there.  Well, my son-in-love pulled into the driveway and they girls were like "Who's car is that?"  All of a sudden, Lorelai figured out it was my car and Justin said they were throwing their seat belts off and trying to get out of the car.  They came running in the house yelling "Nannnnnna" - sure did make this Nana feel GREAT!!!!  Then I told them to go look in the living room and then it was "P!"  It sure was great seeing those sweet faces!!!!

We ended up going to Beef's for dinner - they have a game room that the girls can play in until their meal gets there and the adults can actually talk. So, after dinner we went back to the house to get ready for Saturday.  Melissa had to take her car into the Ford dealership to have some work done and Dan decided it would be a good time to drive down and look at "new to us" cars.

Saturday morning we were up fairly early - and down to Bartow we went.  Everyone went in their separate vehicles and I guess it was a good thing.  Dan and I ended up spending the better part of the day at the dealership doing all the paperwork that is required when you buy a vehicle.  Dan has never been happy with the Escape - he tried to make it work - but it was just too small for him.  He always felt like he was in a sardine can.  Anyway, we bought a new to us 2016 Ford Explorer.  It probably has more bells and whistles on it than we really need  (heated back seats????), but it does have some of the things that we wanted - back up camera, navigation and leather seats.  I really like it and I think Dan is happier now.

Saturday afternoon we went to see Dan's girls and visited for awhile.  It was good to see them and that they didn't have any storm damage other than one magnolia tree that my dad planted came down at Dana's house.

Saturday night Melissa and Justin cooked dinner for us - it was really good, the girls ate a good meal and so did we.  The kids are getting a meal service called Hello Fresh and it was one of the meals from that they supplemented.  Actually it was so good that we signed up for the service ourselves once we got home.  We got our first shipment yesterday, but I'll tell you about it a little later.

We got up Sunday morning and had some coffee and donuts before loading up the car and heading home.  We came home via the scenic route again. After getting home an checking on mom, I got the car unloaded and the clothes in the laundry.  Spent the afternoon watching football and finishing up the laundry.

This week has been a little slow getting ready for an onslaught of doctor's visits next week. Monday I finished up the "books" and getting all the stuff together to take to mom on her checking account.  Since I now do all her bills I make sure to have a bank statement and check register that balance so she knows where she stands monetarily. Tuesday was spent cleaning house.  We had a information meeting Tuesday night for the Information Booth at church - Dan and I will work at the booth every Sunday during the month of June, 2018.  Wednesday was my usual shift at the gift shop.  Thursday I had an Executive Board meeting at 2.  On Friday we had a check out cruise on the new pontoon boat before our first trip with passengers Friday evening.

We also had our first shipment from Hello Fresh come on Friday (I tried to change the delivery date to Monday, but I didn't get it on the computer in time for this shipment but all future shipments will be on Monday's).  I had planned on cooking dinner after the boat ride, but by the time we got back, got everything put away on the boat it was almost 7 PM - so we decided to go to the Village Cafe for supper.  Well, after ordering three different things and being told they "were out" - I just looked at Dan and said "Let's go home and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich".  So disappointing!  Anyway, we came home and had a bowl of cereal instead.

Today was Autumn Fest at the Village Square.  There were some vendors, but I didn't find anything I couldn't live without.  Dan wanted to put the truck in the auto show, but was told he couldn't with a "for sale" sign on it.  Well, that's was the only reason he wanted to put it in the show - to maybe get some interested from people at the show.  Anyway, he just parked it close to the show, but we haven't gotten any phone calls on it.  I guess I'll probably put it back on Craigslist next week - and maybe even EBay.  We did buy some ribs which we had for lunch.  I'll do the first Hello Fresh meal today for dinner.

So, that's been our week.  Next week I have a doctor's appointment in Valdosta and mom has two - one in Gainesville and one here in the village.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Carol


2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! You are one busy lady ;)
    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you celebrate Thanksgiving in October, so Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend. Hope all your kids are home and you all havery a wonderful day.

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...