Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fall Home Tour

 Hi everyone!  Today is a new adventure for me - today I'm going to do my first ever Home Tour!  While I have shared some fall decorating on the blog before, I have never done an official home tour - so here we go.

Now, while the outside temperatures might still be in the mid 90's around here I can't help but hope that since October is showing up on the calendar that cooler temperatures can't be far behind.  So, with that hope in my heart I spent one day last week adding some fall décor to the house.  If you are looking for all the neutral fall décor that a lot of bloggers are using, you can just stop right here.  I don't do "neutral" - I do fall with all the colors that nature provides - orange, yellow, red. Of course I know that some people like all the white and pale colors, but not this girl.  If it's fall it's time for color!  I think you will find that all the décor this year is easy and simple.  Nothing fancy here. 

I moved the goose over to the entry way table and surrounded it with some fall foliage.






 Love putting in some fall scents in the warmer - just makes the house smell so, so good!



Added a lumbar pillow to the couch - we should always be Thankful, but now it's a great time to be reminded.  Changed out the candle on the coffee table and added some fall décor to the side tables.






I did some rearranging in the kitchen.  I have not been happy with the back wall in the kitchen for quite a while - it just seemed too cluttered for me.  So, all the cute little signs came down and a single picture was hung along with one sign.


Just seems so much calmer to me.


Used the wooden slice as a holder for a couple of fall candles - added a fun fall printable in a simple black frame and a faux pumpkin and the kitchen was done.




The breakfast nook area also received a little fall love.  



Not a lot - just a little ceramic pumpkin, some fall napkins, a nice candle, and a cute little squirrel on a pinecone.

Just a few little touches on the shelves - another ceramic pumpkin and a cute little scarecrow shelf sitter was all that was needed to add that little fall touch.





As we move into the family room the buffet got a little fall love also.  



Dan and I are loving our new plate rack that we hung over the buffet.  I ordered it online from IKEA and then Dan painted it this beautiful shade of green.  We were able to unpack the Wildlife dishes that had been packed away since we moved.



Add a pumpkin soup tureen, a "gourd" swan, a sweet smelling candle, and a candle topper to the top of the buffet.  Then a couple of wooded fall leaves along with the Burl wood bowl and the basket of pinecones and this little corner was done.



I kept the table really simple this year.  I ordered two of these table runners from Piper Classics thinking that they would go from side to side on the table, but they weren't long enough (guess I should do a better job of checking size next time), but the price was good and I was able to use the other one on the coffee table.  I just love the colors in the runner and even if it wasn't exactly what I had planned I am certainly happy that I purchased them.


The plates came from WalMart last year as part of the Better Homes and Gardens collection.  I paired them with my everyday white dishes, a napkin, and a woven design charger.



I love the colors.

The couch got a few new pillows -  A couple from WalMart, one from Kohl's, and one from Hobby Lobby.  The "throw" in the corner is actually a scarf from Amazon.










The coffee table I left pretty simple too - the second table runner, my wicker tray, some faux leaves, a Yankee Candle, a small pinecone,  and a faux pumpkin.  Easy and simple.






2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful. The Fall colors really work for your house. You did an amazing job putting everything together. Hugs my friend and have a wonderful fall, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet friend. I'm sure you are actually having fall temperatures and trees that are a color other than green or brown (dead). Enjoy!

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...