Friday, August 18, 2017

Where does time go???


That title could mean a lot of different things - the length between my blog posts for one.


However, that is not what I am talking about today.

I'm talking about my grand babies.....

It was just the day before yesterday that Lorelai was born....


And wasn't it just yesterday when Adalyn was born???


So, how did time fly by so quickly that Lorelai started Kindergarten last week???


She was so excited - can you tell????



Sitting at her table.

Let's back up a little and start with my trip down to Lakeland.

I left to go down to my daughter's on Monday afternoon.  Since it is only a four hour trip I didn't want to get there too early since everyone would be at work.  Even leaving around 1 o'clock, I was there before anyone got home.  But it wasn't long before my girls came in to give me some hugs and kisses.

Tuesday was Orientation at Lorelai's school - and we finally met her teacher.
While my daughter filled out some of the paperwork, Lorelai had a color
sheet that her teacher wanted her to complete.






Concentration.





All finished and ready to turn in.

After orientation, Melissa, Lorelai and I went back to the house before I left to do a little birthday shopping (for Dan).

Wednesday was Lorelai, Adalyn, and Nana day.


The first thing we did, after eating breakfast, was go to the movies.

We went to see Despicable Me 3. 


While I thought it was pretty, well, stupid
the girls seemed to enjoy it.

They both did really well sitting in their seat, eating their popcorn, drinking their ICEE, and watching the movie.
Adalyn did sit in my lap a couple of times because she said she was cold, and in her defense, it was a little chilly in the theater.
But, all in all, I was very proud of how they sat and enjoyed the movie.

After the movie it was time for some adventure at Family Fun Center....
They both had cards with $5 on them that they could use anyway they wanted to play whichever games they wanted.  Points accumulate on their card depending on the game and then they get to choose prizes they want.


Choices, choices, choices!

I don't know if you can see, but Lorelai got a "rainbow" ball that she had been wanting.  Ada didn't have as many points, but she got a lot of little things - including candy.  Well, that caused the only melt down of the day.
Lorelai didn't understand why Ada got more things than she did, but all turned out okay - just a typical 5 year old melt down.

If it hadn't been so darn hot I would have taken the girls out and play miniature golf - but at 98 degrees It was just too much.

Anyway, I think we all had a good day and it will be a day that I will remember.

Thursday was Lorelai's first day of school.

My babies........





Nana with her girls.......




Which takes me back to the beginning sentiment.....

Where does time go??????




Oh my goodness!!!!!


That's about all I can handle today!

Till next time.......

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...