Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Getting better every day



So, what has been happening around here for the last week?  Well, last Monday Dan had fasting labs.  Tuesday we went over to Lake City to a new produce market we were told about and then a quick stop at WalMart to pick up a few groceries. Wednesday I volunteered at the shop.  Thursday was Dan's doctor's appointment here in the Village.  It went very well and while his potassium level is on the high end of normal all his other blood work was good.  He will have another blood draw in four weeks to make sure he is staying at a healthy level.


Thursday afternoon we headed up to Sam's in Valdosta to pick up a few things for the cook out on the 4th and went by Hobby Lobby to get a shelf for the back porch.  There was this spot on the porch that "needed" a little something.  We also stopped for gas since it costs about forty cents cheaper in Georgia.

Friday I did laundry before working a little in the back yard.  I also worked in my head on how to arrange the new shelves on the back porch.

Saturday was a quiet day at home just doing little things until Dan decided he wanted to go down to Roy's Restruarnt in Steinhatchee.  We invited our friends Bud and Joyce to go with us and we left here around 3 in the afternoon for the hour drive down to the coast.  We had an awesome lunch and enjoyed watching all the  boats coming in from a day on the gulf 

 Dan's Seafood paltter




Part of the steady stream of boats

I had a video that showed all the boats, but I can't get it to download - but there was a steady stream for the entire hour we were there and looked like there would be a few more hours of boats coming in.



 Sunday we went into town to get the final stuff for the cookout.

Monday Mom had fasting labs first thing in the morning here.  Then Monday afternoon I had my follow up doctor's appointment - I knew that there was still an issue and sure enough, the antibiotics I had taken had not knocked this infection completely out.  So, I am now on a super antibiotic for the next five days (I'll finish them up on Friday) and I have another follow up on July 27th.  IF it's not gone then I will have to go to an urologist to find out what's going on.  I'm confident that this will kick this infection to the curb, but if not, I will not fight going to the other doctor.

Since we had to go into town to pick up my medicine we decided to eat out - Dan wanted to go back to this place called Fusion - it's a combination Chinese/Country buffet.  It's okay - but not my favorite place to go.  I did not sleep that well on Monday night, but I think I just ate too much too late.

Tuesday we had a cookout here for the fourth of July - just some hamburgers and hot dogs.  One of the couples brought potato salad and another brought baked beans, homegrown tomatoes, and home made pickles and beets.  I also made a peach cobbler.  We had 3 couples and I think a good time was had by all.  

I spent most of the day cleaning house and getting the back porch clean.  I also finally came up with a plan for the shelves on the porch.






I think everyone had a good time and all the food was excellent!



Today we had an appointment with an attorney to get a Durable Power of Attorney drawn up.  We think it will just be a good idea for us to have one for mom - I will be the primary and Dan will be secondary.  The attorney comes here to the Village, so it was easy for us to get mom down there and Dan will be able to take her back to sign it in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow we have her doctor's appointment in the morning and then we will go into town and have Jessie's toenails clipped.  I'll finish up any laundry that needs to be done and then pack for my trip to Nashville.  I plan on leaving around 8 am on Friday morning.  My doctor told me I needed to take frequent breaks and to drink plenty of water.  It should take me about nine to ten hours.  My daughter and I will have some time to get some things done this weekend before her surgery on Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...