Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Better than I was, Not where I need to be

I guess by the title you can tell that things are still not back to normal, whatever that is.  I do feel better than I did a couple of weeks ago but I am still having some issues, lower back pain for one thing, so I have another doctor's appointment on Monday.  I might need another round of antibiotics or something.  We shall see what she says.

I continue to be amazed at Dan's progress.  He just seems to be going right along and sometimes I have to remind him NOT to use his left arm so much.  He is not suppose to lift it above his head or use it to pick up stuff that weighs more than a gallon of milk.  Sometimes he forgets, but he is really doing well.  We see his Primary Care doctor this Thursday and we shall see what she says.  He doesn't go back to the cardiologist until the 21st of July.

Last week I took it pretty easy - took me two days to get the house completely clean (from the ceiling to the floors) and get the laundry done.  Then Dan and I did a little work in the yard for a couple of days.  I cut down a smallish cedar tree in the back yard with the chain saw.  It was the first time I ever used a chain saw but it wasn't bad at all.  Don't worry, it was NOT a big gas powered thing.  It is just a small electric one, but big enough for me and it did get the job done.  Then I did a little weeding around the back patio.

Saturday we decided to go down to Gainesville and go to the new Bass Pro Shop and I thought we might be able to see the girls since Melissa and Justin were on their way home from Nashville and would be though Gainesville between 2 and 3 that afternoon.  By the time we got down there Dan was hungry so we went to Red Robin for lunch.  We had never eaten there and Dan wanted to try it out.  It was actually good and we enjoyed the burger.  Dan thought it would be more like a Chick-Fil-a instead of Chili's - but we had a cute little waitress that had us laughing.  We will definitely go back again. 

Then we headed down to Bass Pro Shop - we wanted a new lamp for the end table by Dan's chair and we had seen one on line, but wanted to see it in person to make sure it was what we wanted.  Dan liked the lamp, so in the cart it went. 

Then we picked up some new wax melts and a couple of new mugs for us.  We spent a little time, about an hour, just looking around.  Dan enjoyed the store and I have to say that it was a nice store.  It wasn't huge like the one in Orlando and it made looking around much nicer.  We then decided to run up to Home Goods and look around - we picked up a new dog bed for Jessie to use on the back porch and a watering can for the potted plants.  When we got to the car I had a text message from Melissa that both girls were asleep and that they were just going to keep driving.  While I was disappointed that I wasn't able to see the babies, I was also tired and ready to head for home.  It had been a long day and I slept really well that night.

Sunday was a quiet day at home - I went down and visited with mom for a while.  She is really starting to show her difficulties.  We have an appointment with her doctor next week for the definitive diagnosis but we are pretty sure what they are going to say, but we shall wait and see for sure.  I'm not sure how she will handle the diagnosis but we will do what we have to do.

Yesterday I worked a little out in the yard again - using the weed eater and trying to get the side yard cleaned up.  I only worked for about 20 minutes before the daily rains moved in, but I got quite a bit done.  Will have to try and get the rest done later this week.

Today Dan and I went to Lake City to a produce market we were told about - it was very nice and a trip we will probably take a couple of times a month.  Then we came back to Live Oak and went to WalMart. Along with a few groceries I had to pick up a new hair dryer since mine started spitting fire at me on Sunday.  We also broke down and bought a new printer.  This one is wireless and I can print from the computer, my phone, or the Kindles.  We shall see how it all works out.  The set up was easy, but I haven't printed anything yet.  Time will tell.

Tomorrow I will work down at the store - I'll work two more weeks before I take off for a couple of weeks for my Nashville trip.  Last week was really slow and I expect tomorrow will be also.  That's okay - I took the book the doctor recommended that I read with me and I'm about 1/2 way through it.  I'll take it again tomorrow and next week if I haven't finished it before.

Dan and I have also been talking about the projects we want to tackle around here in the next few months.  A couple of things that have been on the back burner will be moved up and one thing that will be in a completely different direction.  I'll wait until things are starting to happen before I say any more.

Well, that catches everything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...