Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week 5 of the Challenge and still so much to do!

Well, another week has flown by in the six week challenge that I decided to participate in (what was I thinking????) over at Call It Home.

Join In


We did get a lot accomplished this week, but we still have
so much to do - and only a week to finish it up.

What did we get accomplished?

 1. We (meaning the hubs) got the trim up on the bead board wallpaper
 and everything painted.
2. We (meaning the hubs) made the headboard, stained it,
and cut in a special design.
 (can't wait to show you this - it is sooo cool!)
  Still have to install.
3. We (meaning me) made a subway art sign.
(another Pinterest inspiration)
4. We (meaning me) rearranged the furniture.
5. Spray painted picture frames and shelving.

I still have to do something with the window treatments.
I have an idea in mind and I hope to have them ready 
for the room reveal next week.

I was looking at some things the other day and realized that
I keep talking about this room being a guest room
and a nursery, but I have never shown you the 
"nursery" part of the room.



As you know, the entire room is being decorated around these two
watercolor painting that my friend Marsha Penn painted.
They are absolutely AMAZING!
Wish you could see them in person.

I knew that I wanted a new crib set for the new baby.
(When we were in our other house and Little Miss was a baby
we had a "jungle themed" nursery.)
That wasn't going to work in this house.

 While surfing on the Internet I found this 
crib set and knew it would be
perfect.


It really helped that Little Miss
loves
Nemo!

It all just came together.
(Oh, and before anyone says anything, 
yes I know that I have the crib bumper
upside down.  I'll fix it before the room reveal! LOL!)



I do have two different size Nemo's - I got the larger
one first, but they just seemed a little big.  So, I
ordered one a size smaller.




Then, I just had to get Flounder - even though he comes
from the movie
The Little Mermaid
he just went with the theme.
(Plus, I think he's cute!)

So, this is the nursery side of the room.

I think we will be able to get everything finished up this coming week
and be ready for the room reveal next week.

I'll work on the curtains, finish up the Subway art sign, and the 
hubs needs to finish up the headboard and get
it mounted.
Then there is the little decorating that needs to
be done!

Yep, it should be a busy weekend ahead, but am looking 
forward to showing you how everything
comes together!

Be sure to visit some of the other
great bloggers and see
their awesome rooms.
Here's the link:


Now, I'm off to take care of Little Miss!

See you next week!

10 comments:

  1. Love the beadboard wallpaper idea and those prints are lovely! Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci - I'm excited to get it all done!

      Delete
  2. Just adorable! I love decorating nurseries and kids' rooms- so much fun! See you next week for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really coming together on the nursery side, love the colors and I can't wait to see the final reveal either.
    Hugs and have a great & productive weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than!ks Sue - how is your house coming? And the weather? Do you have snow yet? Hope things are going well!

      Delete
  4. The room is coming along great. Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and the paintings truly beautiful Carol, can't wait to see it all next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute. I love the fish. Looking forward to seeing the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking so cute - I'm sure the little Miss is going to love it! Can't wait to see the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...