Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Menu

I am really going to do something different for you this week - I'm NOT going to do a weekly menu plan.

Why?

Well, for one thing, I haven't done my monthly menu plan for November yet - 

WHAT?????

Yep, you see I had planned the first week of November when I did the October menu plan - I figured that I would have the new plan by now but something happened on Saturday that changed the everything.

So, what was this earth shattering event that kept me from doing my menu plan for the month?

We bought a freezer!

HUH????  

This is "earth shattering"?

Why, yes.  Yes it is.

You see, I have decided to do some freezer cooking - and the menu for the month will be "planned" around that.  Now, I just have to get my recipes together and get to the grocery store - then spend a WHOLE day putting everything together.

Sounds like a weekend thing to me.

So, this week I'll do my planning, Saturday I'll do my shopping, then, finally,  Sunday I'll put every thing together.

Does this mean that we aren't going to eat for the week?

 Yeah, get real.

If you know Mountain Man at all you know that is NOT going to happen - so, I'll be going back into the October menu and cook the things that I didn't cook during the month for some reason or another.

For example, tonight we had Chicken Alfredo.  We were suppose to have it a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason that I don't remember, we never did.  So, I had everything I needed and it was a quick and easy dinner for us tonight - throw in a salad and it was even somewhat healthy.

Mountain Man and I have been working on some projects around here.

 I'll try to post about them this week -

hope you'll come back and check it out.

Until then, have a great week!

Hugs -

Carol

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the freezer! Always have to smile when I read your posts, so down to earth and very much like me in some points ;o).
    Have a great week,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - I do try to keep it real around here - I love reading other blogs, but sometimes I think that some of them are just too "perfect". Know what I mean? Sure, I know that you want things "straightened" up before you take pictures, but spending hours on editing your photos - not going to happen around here. What you see is what I take - no photo editing done! (Sometimes I think I need to do a post on this - just to make me feel better! LOL!)
      Hugs -
      Carol
      P.S. Where do you live in Canada????

      Delete
    2. Straightening up yes, same here (or shove the mess out of the way before taking the picture ;o)).
      I live on the East coast, in New Brunswick.
      Hugs back,
      Sue

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...