Monday, January 16, 2012

We're still here!

I know, I know!  It has been over a week since I have posted, but I do have a reason.  As I explained in my last entry Dan had to go back into the hospital last Wednesday and have another heart catherization.  Well, actually, that turned out very well.  There was no additional blockage that required additional stents and the stent that was inserted in October is doing fine.  So, that was good news.  However; there is still something wrong - and that is the bad news.  We don't know what it is.  So, we will be back at a different doctor this coming Wednesday to see if we can find out what is going on.  Hopefully we will know more about what is going on when we come home on Wednesday night.

Dan is still on "light" duty - he did have a heart cath - so he is not allowed to do a whole lot again for awhile.  I guess we will find out really how long after our visit to this new doctor.  Then he also has another appointment with his cardiologist on the 31st of the month.  It just seems like we have one doctors appointment after another - which is a little hard on someone who only went to the doctor twice a year before this little episode.  Dan is not real happy with the way things are going right now, but when we are talking about your heart I am not going to take any chances.

So, you might be wondering why I did not posted all last week.  Well, I spent the week taking care of Dan and just spending some time with him.  We had some quality time together and my daughter and son in law came over and spent some time with us also.  We even had our movie night on Friday and watched "King's Speech" - which was an excellent movie.  I would highly recommend it IF you haven't seen it yet. 

I did not post the weeks menu's tonight - I'll do that tomorrow because I have some other news that I wanted to share with you and I didn't want to take away from this special, special news.

Melissa and Justin had a sonogram done today and they let me have some pictures of their baby to share with you all.  We did not know what they were having and we did not know that they had gone to Orlando to have this done because they wanted to surprise us.
The sonogram was special for a couple of reason - first, it was a 3D sonogram.  Now, first of all - they didn't have the sonogram technology when I had my girls much less 3D technology.  Second, we know what the gender is - but I'll tell you about that in a few minutes.

This was the 3D sonogram - now, this little one is still really very little - the feet are about an inch long - it is so amazing that they can take pictures that are this detailed this early on.  However, the major reason that the kids wanted to have this done was to find out the gender.  Everyone had their own idea of what gender the baby was - but I think Melissa and Justin were the ones that were the most excited about finding out the gender (which is the way it should be, right?).  Anyway, they had an appointment here in town at the end of the month, but they just didn't want to wait - and the one at the end of the month, Justin couldn't be there.  That would be a major bummer - for the daddy not to be able to be there when they found out what they were having.  However, he was off work today and they could do it together.  They also wanted to do something to surprise all of us. 
So, what they did was email a video that they took during the exam to all of us - Justin's parents, his sister's, Melissa's dad, her sister's and to Dan and I - so, we would all get it at the same time and find out the gender together  (she did call/text us to make sure that we opened the email from her as soon as we got it - so we knew it was coming!).  I have her permission to share the next picture with you. 


So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce----------



                                                               Lorelai Alexis Thibodeau!

                                I am one happy grandmother and I can't wait to meet her in person!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW, baby Granddaughters are so special. Congrats to you. What will she call you?

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...