Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break over!

This week has really flown by, and I'm sorry to say that Spring Break is over! However, I think that Dan and I got a lot accomplished. The first part of the week was taken up with doctors appointments. Last Sunday I was prepping for the colonsocopy, which anyone will tell you is, by far, the worst part of the entire procedure. Monday went fine and I was told that I didn't have to have the procedure done again for five years - which is a first for me - I have always had to have it done every three years due to family history. Hey, did you guys know that they send you home with pictures of your colon now? I'm NOT going to post these, but I thought that it was sorta interesting - another "advancement" of medicine. Tuesday we took the pups into Lakeland to their vet. Dr. Latner said they were doing fine, except Samantha is a "little" overweight. (Big surprise - not!) He said that she could lose about 3 - 5 pounds and it would make it easier for her to jump up on things, so believe it or not, Dan has agreed to put her (actually, both of the pups) on a "diet". We are still "free" feeding - only we put down a set amount of food (3/4 of a cup in the morning and 3/4 in the evening). We are going to have to watch and make sure that Jessie gets her fair share, but so far, it seems to be working out okay. They aren't getting table scraps (okay, maybe last bite) but not like they were getting - and I have bought green beans to give them as their between meal "snack" if they get too hungry. We shall see how long this will last. Wednesday, we were back into Lakeland for my mammogram, bone density, blood work, and recheck with the doctor since being put on the migraine prevention medication. The blood work was fine and the doctor said that I was doing great - now just have to wait for the results of the bone density and mammogram. By the way, when I went to do the bone density, I had forgotten that I had had one done in 2002 at Watson Clinic - but they had the records. I am 1/4 inch shorter (not bad) and I weigh 3/4 of a pound more - now, that really surprised me! Of course, I know that I have lost quite a bit of weight in the last 4 months, but I thought I was really skinny back in 2002 - so to only weigh 3/4 of a pound more - wow! Also, when we were at the Women's Center to have the mammogram done I ran into an old friend of mine from when I taught school at Sikes in Lakeland - I gave her one of our old 'business cards' with our email address on it and I'm hoping she will email and we can get back in touch. I'll just have to wait and see. As you know from last weeks blog Dan had to have some work done on his boat - they came out and took the starter off - well the parts came in on Thursday and they came out and put them on. Dan took the tech out for a ride on the lake because he didn't think the motor was running right. Sure enough the tech said that there was a problem with the motor, so, we took the boat into the shop on Friday - so another weekend without the boat for the lake. Dan does want to get the boat running right before the 'season' starts, so now is the time to get everything done that needs to be done. Friday we also went into the bank and talked to them. The contractor had finally gotten all the paperwork to the bank on Thursday afternoon and we have done everything that we need to do, so now it is just wait and see if the 'powers that be' approve the financing. The branch manager here doesn't think that there will be a problem, but the paperwork has to be submitted to the main office in Lakeland and be approved there. So, it could take up to a month to get all that stuff done. Anyway, it doesn't look like we will actually start to work on the house until MAY - and I was having problems waiting until April. Oh well, it will get done - I just have to be patient. Saturday we bought groceries and today I'm doing laundry - then tomorrow it will be back to work. Next week will be the the finally push before state testing - the following week IS testing week. Then the next week will be a four day week because of Good Friday. When we get back after Easter we will have 6 weeks of school left - the countdown is ON! I'm sure I will document it well in this blog! I think we are going to spend some time in the pool this afternoon, and just relax a little before I have to go back to work tomorrow. I hope that you all had a good week and that next week will be a good one for you as well. Take care and I'll talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...