Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Break!

Well, I survived last week and I am officially on Christmas break! YAHOO!!!!! I can't tell you how much I have been looking forward to this break. Now, if I only had all my Christmas shopping done!

I have ordered some things on the Internet (suppose to be here on the 23rd or 24th - nothing like cutting it close!)and I know what I'm going to get my mom. Have delivered the checks to the kids in Lakeland and have bought the present for the daughters in Atlanta. So, all I have left really is Dan and I think I know what I am going to get for him. I talked to my mom today and told her what Dan wants, but it is way over the limit that we have set for each other. So, I asked mom how much she was going to spend on us and then told her what Dan wanted - I asked her to take what she was going to spend on me and put it with what she was going to spend on Dan and get what he wants. I really can't think of anything that I really need or really want - so I would rather Dan have what he wants. It will officially be a "couple's gift" and I'm fine with that. So, I need to go get mom's and get Dan's (which I know what it is - it will go with the present mom is buying - AND it's within our budget!)

This weekend has just flown by - Dan and I went to Bartow to pick up the truck - Dan had taken the truck in to Bartow Ford on Thursday, but they couldn't get it fixed in one day (something about the thermostat's sticking). Anyway, they gave him a rental car and told him they would have it ready on Friday. Sure enough, when I got off work on Friday afternoon the dealership called and said the truck was ready - so off we went to Bartow. After picking up the truck (which was all covered under warranty, including the car rental) we went on into Lakeland and saw the girls there. Then we went out to eat at MiMi's cafe before going over to Target to look around. We didn't buy anything, couldn't find anything that was on "the" list.

Saturday morning we got up, went out to breakfast then drove up to Sebring to look at some furniture stores. We aren't ready to buy new living room furniture yet, but we are trying to get some ideas about what type of furniture we will eventually get - sectional or just a couch and a couple of chairs. Both recliners, or a recliner for Dan and a chair with ottoman for me. Just a lot of different options. A lot will depend on the remodeling, but we can get a general idea. Anyway, after the furniture stores we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond shopping - found one present. Then to the little mall in Sebring. No purchases there - came home and did some shopping on the Internet. I also went and had my nails done Saturday afternoon - so they look 100% better.

This morning we went to visit at Placid Lakes Baptist Church for their Christmas Program. It was a nice program. Melissa, Justin and Mom met Dan and I there. After the service we all went out to lunch together. Then Dan and I took Mom home and showed her how to work the new microwave that Dan installed for her this week. She has also bought a new stove, but it isn't suppose to be delivered until this coming week (the 23rd I think). After we got home I did the laundry and watched football. Tonight we had pizza for dinner.

Tomorrow I think I will take Mom into Sebring and get Dan's present - then that will be done. All we will have left to do is get Mom's present. We'll figure out when we can go and get that this week. We are still trying to figure out when we will go to Atlanta and how that is all going to work out, but I don't want to be on the road around New Year's Eve. So, we'll work on that schedule also.

Well, that is about all that is going on around here right now. I hope that you are ready for Christmas and that the love of Christ is in your heart. Remember, Jesus is the best present you could ever receive and He is the REASON FOR THE SEASON. Have a good week and ------------


I'll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...