Sunday, November 14, 2010

Goodness Gracious I'm TIRED!

Okay - I promised I would post today, so here I am! I am soooo tired and I have to go back to work tomorrow! Dan and I have been working around the house trying to get things organized - plus we have been moving stuff over to my mom's house and trying to get it ready for when she got here today. She got to our house about 12:30 and we took her over to her new house. She was so surprised that we had so much 0f her stuff already set up for her. She had a place to sit and I made up her bed for her, so she even had a comfortable place to sleep tonight. After we unloaded her car and put her cold stuff in the refrigerator (she had bought some dry ice in Georgia, so things were still cold) we went out and ate a late lunch. Actually, it has turned out to be lunch and supper, but that is okay! After we got back we walked around in her yard for a few minutes before coming back home so I could finish the laundry and working in the office.

I was determined to get the office organized today as well as getting the walk in closet organized. When we moved into the house we had just brought stuff into the house and if we couldn't find a place for it, we stuffed it into the closet. Well, to say that you couldn't set a foot inside the closet would be an understatement! But not anymore - it is neat, and straight. We even went over to the storeroom and got the metal file cabinet and brought it over and I have it all organized and all our files put away were we can actually find them again!

Melissa and Justin gave us a desk that they didn't want any more and it has really helped me get this room all straight. We think that we will probably just put a daybed in this room instead of a queen size bed - we'll get one that the trundle pops up and makes a king size bed (it just isn't as long as a normal king size) - but then the whole room won't be taken up with a bed that will probably only be used once a year IF then. At least, that's what we are thinking right now. Talk to me in a few months when we are ready to move the wall and do the built-ins. We might have changed our mind by then.

We also got "our" bed set up in our bedroom and the new comforter on - we are just waiting for the new blinds to come - they are suppose to be here by next Saturday at the latest. Oh, we also went to Sebring on Saturday morning and got the paint to do the bedroom - hopefully, Dan will be able to paint the room next week while I am at work. I don't know if he will be able to or not, or if it will be the week of Thanksgiving, but I would really like that room finished before we have company on Thanksgiving. We'll see.

We also spent some time today cleaning and straightening the garage. The new stove got delivered yesterday afternoon - but we didn't have them haul off the old one because we didn't know if my mom would want to use the old stove since hers has the problem with the glass in the door. I don't think she wants this one - so we will probably donate it next week. However, we got a lot of things cleaned out of the garage - so it looks much better. We still have some things that we need to take to storage - lamps mostly that we just can't use right now, but I don't want to get rid of - we might we able to use them after we get the remodeling done. So, for now we will take them back to the store room until we decide whether or not to keep them.

Tomorrow the landscaper is suppose to be here to do the front of the house. I can't wait to get home from work and see how it looks. I'll take pictures and post them next week.

Well, I don't have much else to report - I don't know what to expect at work next week - this will be the first week with the kids before a major holiday - guess we'll just have to wait and see. So, since I don't have anything else to tell you about and I am so very tired I think I'll just sign off for tonight and talk to you again next weekend. I hope that you all are having a good fall and are almost ready for Thanksgiving!

Take care and I'll talk to you next Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are moving right along. I know it's tiring and expensive but I bet you are having fun starting all over again. Someone should give you a shower!! New linens, dishes, etc. Wouldn't that be great? Good luck with the kids. I know the excitement of a holiday makes them antsy. See ya down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy! A shower would be a GREAT idea - don't think it going to happen, but it would be a fun! Hope to see you somewhere "down the road"!

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...