Friday, December 22, 2017

December Recap

December started out with Dan having a doctor's appointment here in the village - he had an excellent report on his blood work and he is doing much better since his little trip to the hospital last month.  Right after he returned home the lumber for the pergola was delivered. 

Did I tell you we sold the truck FINALLY?  No???  Well I guess it was just after Thanksgiving a man came up from outside Orlando and bought the truck - it was the same year as one his dad had had and he was really excited to get it.  In fact, he and Dan went straight into town and did all the paperwork so he had a tag and title when he left Live Oak.  Anyway, we are really glad that the truck went to someone who will "love it" the way it needs and it gave us all the money we needed to build the pergola!

Saturday I worked on finishing up the Christmas decorations and Sunday we went to church before heading over to the dining room for lunch.  I was still trying to get over the "virus" and tried to stay away from people even though I was told I wasn't contagious. 

Dan had dress rehearsal Monday and Tuesday night, but I didn't go down because we didn't think I needed to be in the cool night air.  So, I did not see any of the play this year.  

Wednesday morning I left for Lakeland - Lorelai had her first Christmas program at school on Wednesday night.  It was a really cute program and Lorelai did an awesome job.






Thursday turned cold (even cold down in Lakeland, but really cold at home and raining).  I went to a couple of stores - Kirklands, Kohl's, and Target) and picked up a few things for the house and some serving pieces for the Christmas Open House.  I talked to Dan Thursday afternoon as I received an email that the Christmas program had been cancelled for Thursday night due to the rain.  There was the Christmas Parade in Lakeland, but I just didn't feel like going - so it ended up with Justin taking the two girls and Melissa and I stayed home.

Friday I went to Hobby Lobby, but didn't find much - all their Christmas stuff had really been picked over and I really didn't find much other than some Christmas picks - so didn't spend but about $10.00.  The program at home was cancelled again due to the rain.

Friday night Crystal was flying in from Nashville for Adalyn's birthday party - she texted around 2 and said her flight was delayed by two hours - so the 9:30 PM arrival had been pushed back to 11:30.  There was supposed to be some bad weather coming in to the area Friday night - so Melissa rode with me to the airport in Tampa.  We went to the cell phone lot, so we didn't have to pay for parking and waited.  The bad weather hit right after we got into the lot and talk about rain and wind!  They closed the airport for about 1/2 an hour waiting for the front to pass.  Crystal said, after she finally landed and we picked her up, that they circled the airport for about 45 minutes waiting for the weather to clear.  Anyway, we finally got home a little after 1 in the morning, but we were all up fairly early.

Saturday was Adalyn's birthday party and Melissa had the party at Family Fun Center instead of at the house.






 After all the fun at the kids birthday party - we headed back to the house for a "family" party.  Justin's parents and sister's family came over and we had another "party".



Sunday was a quiet day with the girls playing with their Aunt Tul and with all of Addie's new toys.


Sunday night we all jumped in the car and went to Lakeland Festival of Lights at the Nazarene Church.  We went last year, but Crystal wasn't able to go.  It was fun, but Adalyn wouldn't go to any of the characters to have her picture taken nor would she sit on Santa's lap.  Lorelai loved all the different characters and wanted her picture taken with every single one.




A lot of fun, but soon it was time to head home as Lorelai had school on Monday.

Speaking of Monday - that was actually Adalyn's birthday and Crystal wanted to do something special with just Ada.  (Of course, I had to tag along since I had the car).  First we went to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast - Ada played in the playground until she was tired.  


After breakfast we headed to Picasso, which is a ceramic shop, where the three of us each painted a Christmas ornament.  Ada did really well on the first coat, but by the third coat she was pretty much over it.  BUT, it will be a great family ornament for the tree and a great reminder of her fourth birthday with her Aunt Tul and Nana.

Then it was off to Starbucks for some hot chocolate and cookies.


All good things must come to an end and after our visit to Starbucks we headed back to the house to get Crystal's luggage and Ada's other grandmother picked her up for a special treat.  Then Crystal and I headed back to the airport for her flight back to Nashville.  When I got home I pretty much crashed and slept really well.

Tuesday was Ada's program at her school. 










Her class sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and they were so cute!

Wednesday morning it was time for Nana to head for home - so I told both the girls bye on Tuesday night and then got up bright and early Wednesday and headed back to Dowling Park.

Well, this has been a very picture heavy post and we are only half way through the month.  So, I think I'll close for now and do the last half of the month next week (Christmas decorations AFTER Christmas - how unique is that???)

Anyway, since Dan and I are leaving Sunday morning for Christmas down in Lakeland I just wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!  I'll see you the week between Christmas and New Year's!

Hugs to all!

Carol




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...