Saturday, December 30, 2017

December Recap - Part 2

On my last recap post I stopped when I headed home from the Lakeland after a fun fill week of Christmas programs of both the girls

Adalyn's birthday party and day with her Aunt Tul



Wednesday, I drove home - unpacked, shared all the stuff I bought, and did laundry.  Thursday we headed up to Valdosta to pick up things for the Open House that we were having on Tuesday. 

Saturday I started preparing things that could be frozen or that would keep until Tuesday.  I also cleaned the house and porch and did another load of laundry.

Sunday was church and the Christmas Cantata.  It was an excellent production that we enjoyed very much.  Then we went over to the Dining Room for lunch, came home and watched some football as I tried to plan the rest of the week.

Monday was crunch time for the party - I spent most of the day in the kitchen making ,at of the homemade items that we served.  But we did make a quick trip into town to Publix for all the last minute things that I needed.

Tuesday was a very busy day - cooking, cleaning, getting ready, putting the finishing touches on the decorations all before people arrived early.  I didn't get the first picture of the party, but that's okay.  We had a wonderful time and I think all our guests had a wonderful time.  I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the food was eaten so we didn't have a ton of left overs.  What was left Dan put on a couple of trays and took to the Maintenance Crew on Wednesday while I worked my shift at the store.

Thursday was doing some last minute straightening up and laundry before getting ready to head back to Lakeland.  

Friday was the President's Reception here.  It is a very nice affair with plenty of snacks and goodies for everyone.  The entire Village is invited - so there is quite a  crowd there.

Saturday Dan and I took it easy and watched football most of the day. Saturday evening we went down to our friends house for hot dogs on the fire pit and some time with their nephew's family visiting from Washington.  There were lots of laughs and some crazy antics but a good time was had by all.


  Then Sunday morning we were up fairly early, packed the suitcase, loaded all the gifts in the back of my car (along with the bar stools we were giving my daughter), grabbed Jessie and headed to Lakeland.  We were not in a hurry and decided to take the back roads to avoid all the traffic we figured would be on the Interstate.  

We arrived at Melissa's house around 2:30 - in time to help get the girls ready for Church at 4:00 after unloading all the gifts and putting them in Melissa and Justin's room.  Then Crystal, Emily and I went to Olive Garden and picked up the food Melissa had ordered.  Both sides of the family came to the house for Christmas Eve dinner - counting the kids there were 16 people there.  After dinner the girls opened their one present on Christmas Eve - which is Christmas PJ's and a Christmas movie (this year was Polar Express).  After their bath and putting their PJ's Dan and I headed down to our hotel room. 

Since Crystal and the girls dad were staying with Melissa there wasn't a place for Dan and I - so we had made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express.  We had to leave Jessie had the house with the kids because the hotel didn't accept dogs.

Sunday morning we were up early - ate a bite at the hotel then headed down to the kids.  When we arrived the babies were still asleep -


As we waited for Auntie Emmie to come the adults passed the time by drinking coffee and talking.  Finally it was time to wake the girls up and start the fun.


Lorelai sitting in her Aunt Tul's lap.



Both girls waking up.  Then they started on their stockings.  I won't bore you with the 200 plus photo's I took of the girls opening their presents - but I will show a picture of the girls in front of their haul (from their house).




After opening their presents at their house they went to Justin's parents house and had another marathon of presents.  While they were gone Dan and I went over to Dan's oldest daughter's house and had Christmas with his kids.  After visiting for a couple of hours we headed back to Melissa's and spent some time there before going back to the hotel for the night.

Tuesday morning we got the car loaded - went by Melissa's to pick up Jessie and tell everyone good-bye.  Crystal and her dad weren't leaving until Wednesday so were able to tell them bye also.  Once again we took the back roads as we figured the Interstate would be packed with travelers.  We got home with no trouble - unloaded the car, unpacked and got the laundry started.  We had stopped on the way home in Mayo and picked up a rack of ribs from Sonny C's and with some pork n' beans we had dinner.

Wednesday morning I had to work at the shop then Dan met me for lunch at the cafĂ©.  My niece (my brother's oldest daughter who lives in Tallahassee) was supposed to come on Thursday to see my mom with her brother's ex-wife and the twin boys, however; Jenny called me while at work.  She was extremely upset and told me that her brother had committed suicide and they had just found him.  He lived up in Atlanta - so I have been waiting to get information of when the funeral will be.  I had to go to Mom's and tell her that Will had died (I didn't tell her that he committed suicide - I didn't figure she needed to have that as her last memory of her only grandson).  She took the news fairly well and I will let her know when the service will be held.  I don't think we will go up to Atlanta - she isn't up to a trip like that.  I guess we shall wait and see.

Yesterday we got all of Christmas taken down and MOST of it put away - there is still some things in the garage and for some reason we don't have enough crates for everything.  Don't know how that happened, but anyway, we will get it all put away sooner or later.

We are waiting now for Dan's niece from Michigan along with her husband to arrive for the night.  They will be headed down further south for the winter but wanted to stop and spend the night with us and visit.  

And that catches you all up.  Now, I still haven't shown pictures of the house decorated - so I'll close with a few pictures of the house.










Talk to you soon!

Hugs!
Carol


4 comments:

  1. Hello my wonderful friend! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your nephew. The girls looked like they had fun unwrapping all their presents. Your house looks so beautiful and festive in the pictures. Just like you we also put our decorations away. I will start a new "full time" job on the 2nd, so I decided to clean while I'm still on vacation. Lots of love and hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! So, what is your new "full time" job? I still have lots to do to get all cleaned, but for some reason, I'm just not into it right now. Enjoy your time off before beginning your new job.
      Much love to you and yours!
      Carol

      Delete
    2. I'll be a customer service rep (call center agent) for Nova Scotia Power. I never thought I'd go back to it, but getting an office job without a diploma seems nearly impossible in Halifax. I am excited thou.
      It's understandable that you are not into doing much right now. There is no hurry, take the time you need.
      Love and positive thoughts to all of you!
      Hugs, Sue

      Delete
    3. Thank you dear friend! Happy New Year to you and your family!
      Hugs!
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...