Thursday, December 6, 2012

Busy Time

So, are you ready for Christmas?

What are you waiting for?

It's not going to wait on you, you know.

The last time I posted (about a week and a half ago) I had not even STARTED  buying Christmas presents. 

Well, I'm done!

Finished!

Even cancelled my Prime membership on Amazon.com.

(Oh, BTW, I didn't walk into a single store - everything was bought on line.  Thank you Amazon!)

Now, I still have to wrap (waiting for two more presents to be delivered) - but that is the fun part.

What else have I done?

Well, last weekend (actually Friday thru Sunday) we were up at Dowling Park. We left on Thursday evening after Melissa picked the baby up and were able to stay through Sunday morning.  We had to go up and get the camper and bring it home, so last weekend was the last time that we could before Christmas, plus the rent on the lot would be due the first of December.  So, it worked out to be perfect for us.  

It was nice to get away for a just little while.
I was even able to take TWO naps.
Can't remember the last time I did that.

Monday I worked in the kitchen some.
Tuesday, I cleaned the house and did all the laundry while Little Bit took her nap (she slept a l -o - n - g time Tuesday).

Wednesday, I made white chocolate covered pretzels 
(one bag for Melissa and Justin and one for Dan and I).  
Then I balanced the checkbook and paid the bills for the month.  
Today I have to check on some stuff with the insurance and Dan's prescriptions (he has a couple that have no refills left).  
I've already called the doctors office, but I think they messed the order up.  Anyway, that will take some time - if you have ever dealt with insurance companies you know what I mean.

Then I hope to get some more stuff done for the freezer.

As you can see, my life is really busy!  Ha!Ha!

Actually, it seems like my life is pretty boring - 
but, as my daughter says, 
It is what it is.

There are some other things that are going on, 
but I'll make you wait for that.

Well, I hope that you are having a fabulous week 
and I'll "see" you soon!

Hugs-

Carol

6 comments:

  1. I take "boring" over crazy any time ;o). You are ahead of the game with your shopping - I love shopping online, most of mine was done of the Canadian Amazon and a one each on Ebay and Etsy (what a great place). Amazon.ca doesn't have as many none book related things as yours, but I still did good. Now I have to wait for the stuff to get here, buy 2 more gift cards at the gas station, wrap everything and done! I only had to hit the stores twice - I hate shopping in the mall! Since I also have to get presents from both sets of Grandparents back in Germany I'm happy I'm pretty much done.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - Well, I guess I stretched the truth just a tad - Dan hasn't bought his girls families gift cards yet (can't say were they will be from in case they read this), but that is his job. I've done everything else - I do still have to mail the Christmas cards, but the annual Christmas letter is done and printed. I love this time of year, but not all the craziness. Last year we hosted a Christmas block party at our house - don't think we will do that in the "little bitty house". Hope you have a super rest of the week and a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great not to take part in all the craziness, I don't like it either. Kind of takes the fun out of my favorite season (Christmas, not the weather ;))
    Hubs and I have to take an English test (reading, listening and writing)on Saturday before we can apply for our citizenship, can't really say I'm looking forward to it...But I plan on having a SLOW Sunday.
    Have a great rest of the week too and relax some on the weekend!
    Hugs back,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - I'm sure that you and your hubs will do fantastic on the English test - I can't imagine having to take a test on a second language! (BTW, are you applying for citizenship in Canada or USA? What country are you a citizen of now, Germany???) Enjoy your Sunday!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
    2. We are applying for citizenship in Canada, we've been here over 5 years now. Yes we are German citizens right now. Thanks Carol, everyone says that we'll do fine - as long as we meet the requirements I'm good with whatever result.
      Hugs back,
      Sue

      Delete
    3. Good luck today my friend - go nail that English test!
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...