Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Menu


I hope that you all are having a wonderful Memorial Day!

Our plans for outdoors have changed because ------



We are getting RAIN!

Glorious
Wonderful
 Rain!

We need the rain so badly - so,

I'll give up a cookout for the rain!





So, I've been busy today, since we are getting our wonderful rain, and did my menu plan for the month of June.


Confession time - I did not do a monthly menu plan for the month of May, and boy oh boy, could I tell it.  I was just NOT organized and just couldn't seem to stick with what I thought I wanted to cook on Sunday when I did the plan to what I would cook during the week.  Of course, part of that could have been Mountain Man trying to help, especially last week when I was sick, or maybe that's just an excuse.  I am so envious of you out there that can plan by the week and carry that plan out - I just can't.  I need the accountability of that menu staring at me from the refrigerator!

So, I am back with my monthly plan.

Okay, so what is the menu plan for this last week in May?
Well, since you asked-------


Monday, May 28 - Standing Rib Roast, Baked Potato, Corn
Tuesday, May 29 - Beef Enchilada Casserole
Wednesday, May 30 - Pork Chops, Rice, Mixed Vegetables, Biscuits
Thursday, May 31 - Skillet Macaroni and Beef
Friday, June 1 - Movie Night , Pizza
Saturday, June 2 - Tangy Chicken, Buttered Noodles, Green Beans
Sunday, June 3 - Crispy Pecan Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Now, I know you are probably wondering about the Rib Roast - yep, those "turkeys" (not really a turkey, but you know what I mean) are expensive, but we bought it at Christmas when they were on sale (it was still expensive, but not as bad as they usually are - anytime you pay $30.00 for a piece of meat - that's expensive in our household!)  and it has been in the freezer.  It needed to be cooked - so we thawed it out Friday (in the refrigerator), and I decided to cook it today since the cook-out was cancelled, due to the
Glorious
Wonderful
RAIN.

I hope you guys are sticking to your menu plans - I've love to hear if you would rather do a monthly menu plan or a weekly plan.
Also, just a question - would you like for me to tell you what the plan is for the month and then just review each week or just do it like I have been doing - one week at a time?  Leave me a comment and let me know.

Thanks and I'll "see" you on Wednesday with the next room reveal.


Hugs -

Carol

2 comments:

  1. there's no way you are going to cook on June 7th. i'm calling it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I can fix the day before and just put it in the oven - We have to eat at some point! (and I don't think I want fast food, do you????)
      Love ya!

      Delete

Projects

We continue to work on different projects around here. Can any one guess what we are working on now???? More later! Til...