Sunday, October 3, 2010

So very busy!

Okay - I have not been a very good blogger lately. I have been so busy with work, the house, laundry, cooking, and all the other stuff that just gets in the way that I have not been on line in "like forever". I can't even show you pictures of all the changes that have taken place around here because Melissa has borrowed my camera.

Let's just say that we finally have a bed to sleep in (we are up off the floor and off the blow up beds!) and we are no longer sitting on lawn furniture in the living room. Carol and Neil came down today for a couple of hours and I fixed lunch - pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, and watermelon for dessert. Carol had never seen the house, but Neil had been here right after we got here - in fact, it was the Monday that I had to go to the county office and fill out the paperwork for my job (don't get me started on that!). Anyway, so much has changed since then.

First, all the palm trees are down in the front yard, all the overgrown landscaping is gone - the pool has been rescreened. Dan has gotten all the maps off the wall in the guest bathroom and has painted the bathroom - also, he has installed the new toilet in that bathroom so it is now a fully functioning bathroom. Oh, BTW, the whirlpool tub is also now working - haven't used it yet, but it is definitely something that I will be doing in the near future. Two weeks ago we took my mom back up to Atlanta to start her packing her stuff - we bought my daughter's car (so I would have a way back and forth to work) and I drove back on Sunday so I could report to work first thing Monday morning. Dan stayed to help mom for a couple of days and load a truck with our furniture that was at her house and some of her stuff. Well, he was suppose to come home on Thursday, but had the truck loaded by noon on Wednesday and left then so he was home by Wednesday night at 10:30. Thursday I went into work, but took 1/2 a day Thursday and all day Friday so I could help Dan unload the truck and get things put away. Well, I didn't tell him I was coming home early on Thursday, so when I got here I found him in the swimming pool. Boy, was he surprised to see me!!! He looked like the little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar - it was really funny! Anyway, we worked the rest of Thursday and had the truck unloaded except for two pieces that I just wasn't strong enough to help him with - a "hide-a-bed" sofa of mom's and our entertainment center. Anyway, our son-in-law, Justin came over after he got home from work and helped Dan with those two pieces and we fixed dinner for the kids. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was spent putting things away. We even starting getting boxes out of the storage room and finding a place to put those things.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we actually have a house that looks like someone lives in it. Things are still going on - yesterday the painter came and pressure cleaned the pool deck - tomorrow he will come and paint it and then start to pressure wash the house getting ready to paint the exterior. Then we will check on the concrete work that Dan wants to do before having the yard graded, the irrigation system replaced, and new landscaping and sod installed - that should take all my pay through Christmas. MAYBE after the first of the year we will be able to start in the house with moving the walls, redoing the bathrooms and kitchen. Like I said - so MUCH to do!

School is school and I will let it go at that. It is a means to an end and I won't comment any more.

When I get the camera back I'll post some pictures - hopefully by next weekend. I will do my best to start posting again at least once a week and keep you up to date on all the changes that are going on - I'll try and post before and after pics. Also, on the last post in September I asked what you thought about the title of the blog - well, I think we will stay with what we have - as one of my friends said "We are never "there" in life" and that is so true - and the "there" now is the house done - that will be awhile! Once again, IF you know of anyone that wants a really nice 5th wheel have them email me - we need to sell the Montana!

I hope that you all are doing well and that you will stay with me - I will try to do better and blog every Sunday afternoon. In the meantime - take care and ------------------------

I'll talk to you Sunday!


  1. Hey--I've really missed your blog. I imagine you are just overwhelmed with projects plus work so I certainly understand, but it's good to have you back!

  2. So-o-o-o very glad to hear from you!! I checked everyday but figured those kiddos had you coming and going. Sounds as if you've made great headway on the house. We were in the Rio Grande Valley for 10 days and are now in San Antonio for Ted to shoot in the World Skeet Shoot. Going home tomorrow.

  3. Thanks guys for sticking with me - sorry I have been so bad about blogging. Just have been swamped, but I'll try and do better! Talk to you all on Sunday!


Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...