Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hot Air Balloons

Well, I don't have any pictures of the house to post tonight - it was a week of getting estimates to continue work outside - landscaping, irrigation, concrete work, etc. Still trying to get things done outside. We know that we will be doing the landscaping AFTER we get the irrigation done - so hopefully that will be around the first part of November. We'll have to wait and see what the estimate for the irrigation runs.

The only thing that Dan and I did around the house this weekend was move the shed. I mean we jacked it up using a fulcrum and lever and put concrete blocks under it, then put big pieces of PVC pipe and rolled it about 4 feet. Dan wants to work on getting the roots out from where we took the Royal Poinciana tree out and the roots were under the shed. Plus we wanted to move it back about a foot or so after we get it level. Just a lot of work. Anyway - after we worked on that we came in and took a shower (we were both VERY dirty) and then got in the pool for a little while to relax.

I spent this afternoon grading papers and getting everything ready for the grade book program at work. I also wrote lesson plans for next week. It took all afternoon to get all the papers graded, but at least I'm all caught up now. Hopefully I'll be able to stay caught up and stay ahead of the game with lesson plans. I don't like having to write them for the week over the weekend. We'll see.

Oh, in case you are wondering about the picture that I posted at the start of the blog tonight - there was a very small hot air balloon festival out at a local winery over the weekend - this picture was taken from our back yard of one of the balloons - there was probably 6 or 7 balloons that we could see. By the time I got in the house and got the camera and changed the lens this was the only shot I could get. Dan and I went out to the winery last night (well, late yesterday afternoon), but there were no balloons out there - in fact there really wasn't much of anything going on. But that's okay - we went anyway and I guess that was the important thing.

Well, I don't have much else to report tonight - so I'll sign off. Hope you all had a good week and I'll talk to you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...