Monday, February 12, 2018

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperatures in the upper 70's all week - so I guess Spring is right around the corner.  So, while the weather has been ugly things are starting to bloom.  For those of you that are still socked in with snow or freezing temperatures I thought you might enjoy looking at some of the first signs of Spring in North Florida.


Dan and I went out in the golf cart yesterday, between rain storms and I took a few pictures with my phone.  Just thought I would share some.

Wild Plum Tree

  Tulip Tree





The next pictures are from our back yard.




Red Bud Tree



This camellia bush is right behind the pergola and the one that Dan spray painted (oh the joys of overspray).  It is covered in buds and getting ready to pop!


This the camellia bush that was frozen a month ago - now it is covered with flowers!







These two bushes are in our side yard and we almost forget they are there.  I think they are a couple of the prettiest camellia bushes we have.

Double Pink



Pale pink "Rose" Camellia



And I'll leave you with a picture of the little wild violets that are blooming all over the yard.



I'll be back on Wednesday with an update on the pergola and our latest "Coffee on the Back Porch".

Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us my friend! We are still far away from spring. It's never cold or warm for a longer period, it just about jumps back and forth every couple of days. This morning we had 45F and tomorrow morning we are supposed to have 1F in the wind. No wonder I can't shake that cough. I'm enjoying that the sun rises earlier and that it's not dark when I get home. Hugs and keep those beautiful blooms coming! Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I hope spring comes to you soon my friend. Until then, stay warm and I will pray that your cough goes away soon. (Of course, soon I will be complaining about the super hot weather and you will have our Spring like temperatures!) Take care my friend!
      Love, Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...