Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happenings

Wow!  Has it really been almost two months since I did a post (other than the notification of comment verification being put on the blog)?  That just is amazing to me - I don't know if it is because I have been so busy, or because I don't have anything to say.  Well, a lot has happened so it can't be because I don't have anything to say - so, I'll just blame it on being WAY to busy.  Let me see if I can get you somewhat caught up.

We closed on the house on March 13th - after a lot of drama the preceding couple of weeks,  the closing went down with no problems.  Now, while we closed on Wednesday we did not get possession of the house until Saturday, March 16th.  I actually think we were turning down the road to the new house as the previous owners were turning on the main street out of our subdivision - Dan was that anxious to get here.



I think I told you guys that we bought the house furnished.  However, there was very little that we wanted to keep.  So, we arranged for a consignment store to come in and they bought all the furniture.  The only problem was - it took them a few days to get everything out, which meant we could not move our stuff in.





Dan did paint the master bedroom while we were waiting to get all the old stuff out.  With the help of our fantastic SIL we moved things in every night for a week - then on Saturday the 23rd we FINALLY had all our furniture in the new house.  I guess I should qualify that statement - we had all the our furniture that will FIT in the new house.

There are just some things that won't go in this house because this house it just too small.  However, I'm not worried about it - if it doesn't fit, it's gonna be GONE!  We are planning on a HUGE garage sale and just get rid of all this stuff.  (I am determined to make THIS our forever home - so if it doesn't fit in this house I'm not going to pay storage to keep it!)

We have been making some slight changes  in the house already - I'll show those pictures in future posts.  I'm just excited to make this house a home for all of us.

Little Miss is doing great - growing so fast.  She is standing on her own more and more, but still not walking yet.  I'm sure it won't be long - but I have a hard enough time keeping up with her while she is crawling - don't know what I'll do once she is walking!  (I guess there will be more doors closed than what I normally like.)

I'll give you an example of what I am talking about.


We put a baby gate up going into the laundry room to keep Little Miss out of the dog food and water.  I had to leave the gate up off the floor so the pups could go under to get in.  Well, the pups kept going in and out, showing Little Miss how to get in - well, about two weeks after we moved in I missed Little Bit - and this is what I found


Well, we don't worry with the baby gate any more - it doesn't do any good.

I so wanted to get a video of her going under - it is so cute - but every time I got the phone out to video her - she wouldn't go under.


This one was taken a couple of weeks ago too - Grampie Dan with all "his" girls.

I've been trying to get back into the swing of things - but I don't know why it's a lot harder this time.  Anyway - I'll get my mojo back soon - I'm even thinking of doing a different blog for the stuff we do to the house and just have this one as a "weekly" diary of what we are doing.

Just something that is going on in my head - the other blog would have the DIY projects, menu's, cooking ideas, maybe some stuff about our diet efforts,  and, of course, stuff about Little Miss.  I know that some of you that read this blog don't want to hear all the other stuff, but I find that is what inspires me to write.  So, I'm thinking that if I get into that - this will be the diary of our everyday life - with posts on Sundays.  The other blog would have posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  So, what do you think?  Think I can handle that?  Like I said, just something I'm thinking about.

Well, gotta run - think Little Miss is up from her nap.

Talk to you soon!

Hugs -

Carol

1 comment:

  1. So happy you are back! You sure had a couple of very exiting, exhausting weeks. If you think you can do 2 blogs, then I can handle reading them ;). Little Miss will sure give you a lot to post about with her "break ins" and such - she reminds me of our youngest. BTW, I can't believe how green it is around your house already, I still see blah looking out the window.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...