Saturday, January 15, 2011

Leaving in the Morning!

Okay - I'm just about ready to head out and spend a fabulous week with my "bestest" friend ever! Okay, so I'm pushing it a little with the spelling, but I am looking forward to spending some time with just Dan without the "girls" (just don't tell them that!) Which "girls" am I talking about - well, our four legged ones of course. We love the girls - but it is nice to get away from them. They can come between us, if you know what you I mean.

I worked till about 6 every afternoon getting things ready at school for me to be gone all week. I even brought work home which I said I wasn't going to do, but you do what you have to do. Anyway, when I left yesterday, I said that "if it wasn't done, it wasn't going to get done", so I'm not going to worry about. If the sub can't handle it - well, too bad! I did the best I can do (now, I do have a little bit of a back up plan - I always have Melissa who can give the sub help and the teacher right next door to my room, who also teaches math - so, I'm not leaving the sub completely without recourse.) Now, if you know me at all you know that I have everything separated out by subject and then by day - detailed plans written and even back up stuff IF he should run out of things to do. Let's just say, that I am sure that I have done as much as I can do and I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

Yesterday I only worked 1/2 day due to the memorial service that we went to up in Lakeland. One of our really good friends lost their daughter last Sunday. Their daughter and our oldest daughter were only two days apart in age and they had grown up together. The family wanted Dan to talk about memories of the girls growing up and he was his usual "quick witted" self. He had everyone laughing which was exactly what was needed. After the service everyone - well, not exactly "everyone" because the chapel was packed - went out to eat at Fred's Market. There were a lot a school people there (our friends are both in education) and so, Dan and I saw a lot of people that we had not seen since our retirement eight years ago. While it was nice to see them, I just wish it could have been under different circumstances.

Before the service yesterday we did have time to go by Walmart and pick up a few last minute things for the cruise and I was even able to get my hair cut - stopped at a "Super Cuts" and 45 minutes later my hair had been washed, cut, and dried (great scalp massage!). Then we were at the chapel by 4 - I felt like we got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time.

Today, we have been busy - have the last load of laundry in the washing machine - got my nails and toes done this morning and Dan colored my hair this afternoon. Made a stop at Walgreens to pick up the things that I forgot when we stopped at Walmart to get all the "last minute things". (So much for getting everything done early!) Now we are completely packed and are ready to put the suitcases in the car. Boarding pass and passports are in my purse - camera is sitting on top of the suitcase so I won't forget it. The only thing that I can think of that still needs to be done is that Dan needs to pack the girls treats to take to my mom's (she is keeping them for us) and then we will load their blanket and heating pad, food, and leashes in the morning. We hope to be on the road no later than 8. I think that you can tell that we are both more than ready to get away. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures to share upon our return.

I hope you all have a great week and that all you people in Georgia and North Carolina have dug out of the snow and ice by now!

Take care and I'll talk to you next Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainy, Dreary Days

Well, I don't know what the weather has been like where you live but here it has been warm, overcast, and rainy.  We are having temperat...