Friday, January 5, 2018

Opps!

Well, all week our temperatures have been in the low 20's at night.  We had freezing rain one day (Wednesday), but no snow.  Well, guess what I forgot to do.  Take in or, for that matter, cover any of our out-door plants.








When I went to my mom's on Tuesday I got all her plants into her garage for her, but do you think I would even think that I would need to bring my plants in?  Must not.

It was not until today, as Dan and I were getting in the car to go meet our neighbors for breakfast, that I looked at our poor pitiful plants and said - "Guess we'll start over in the spring".

Even the poor plants next to the house got a big hit.  I really don't know if they will come back or not.  Especially the spider plants.  The ivy looks like it will be fine but the others - well, like I said, we'll just start over in the spring.  Sometimes you just have to do that anyway, right???

I did finally braved the cold and go out back - surprisingly the plants in the back yard don't look that bad.  The pansy's are still blooming and the Camilla's are getting ready to pop.



Even some of the plants on the patio seemed to have survived the cold.


This Million Bells plant looks great - and yes, that is part of a couple of Christmas trees in the background. Just ignore them please -  I'll get those down next week (As long as the weather warms up - if not they can wait till March!  Not really, but it sounds good, doesn't it?) Really, I will get them down next week, along with the two small Christmas garden flags that are still out. 

As a side note, I really have no idea why it is taking me so long to pack up all of Christmas - the garage is still a mess because everything is not put away - so no car in the garage.  Next week Christmas decorations, next week, and then you will be packed away all safe and warm.

Looking at all this makes me realize that we still have soooo much work to do in the yard - but all that will have to wait until I can stand to be outside longer than 30 seconds.  (I have never been meant to be a cold weather girl!)

Take care all my cold hardy friends and I'll talk to you next week!!!

Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! You are really doing great with all the posts lately, wow! For your plants: maybe just take them inside for now and cut the ones that good hit back pretty good. With any luck they might come back. I worked my second 12 hr shift power outages after the big storm, so far i like it. Next week we should be back to training. Today was OKish outside, but tomorrow morning it's supposed to be 12F with the wind chill. Stay warm and a big hug, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my - 12 degrees???? I think I would climb under the blankets and not come out until Spring! Tonight is supposed to be out last night of below freezing temperatures for a few weeks. Thanks for the suggestion with the plants. I'll give it a try - what have I got to lose? Glad you are enjoying your job but 12 Hour shufts? Wow! Stay warm my friend.
      Hugs!
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...