Monday, January 8, 2018

A do Nothing Day

Today was just one of "those" days.  I just didn't feel like doing much of anything - I cooked lunch and I cooked supper and I cleaned up the kitchen.  That was about it.

Yes, I've asked myself why and the only thing I can come up with is I'm just mentally and emotionally drained.  You see, this past weekend was a rough one for me.  It was my nephew's memorial service outside Atlanta. 

Dan and I drove over to Lake City where we met my youngest daughter and her husband.  We transferred my suitcase into their car and the three of us headed up to Bethlehem, GA - which is outside Atlanta on the east side - close to Loganville (or between Atlanta and Athens).  We arrived at our hotel close to 10 PM and promptly got settled in for the night.  

Saturday we had to go buy Justin (my SIL) some shoes and I needed some tights to wear under my pants as the temperatures were in the 20's.  We were lucky in that there was a brand new shopping "mall" across the highway from our hotel and within a short amount of time we had what we needed.  We ate a quick lunch then headed back to the hotel to get ready (three adults getting ready in one room takes some time).  

The church was only about 10 minutes from the hotel and we arrived 15 minutes before the service was to begin.  I was able to see my sister-in-law and two nieces before the service and we waited in the "family room" and then were seated with other family members.  We were the only ones there from my side of the family as my brother passed away right before we got off the road.  My oldest daughter was going to drive down, but she has the flu.  Mom isn't up to traveling like this - so it was just Melissa, Justin, and I.

The service was very heart retching as my nephew's fiance spoke along with other family members.  It is always difficult when a family member passes away, but when the circumstances are what they were here - well, it's just doubly hard for everyone.  After the service we did go over to my niece's house, who lives in the area, for a short amount of time.

After going back to the hotel and changing clothes we went to a restaurant that was close and had dinner before going back and going to bed.  I think it was starting to catch up to all of us.

We woke up Sunday morning to temperatures  in the teens.  We quickly packed our belongings and loaded the car. Then we headed back home as it was a good eight hour trip for the kids and a four hour trip to drop me off. Dan met us in Valdosta where we once again transferred my stuff over then Dan and I went to get some lunch while the kids headed on down to Lakeland.  

When we got home I unpacked and did all my laundry - even went down to mom's and fixed her shower curtain, which had fallen, and then we went down to the "Lopin' Gopher" for dinner.  However, once I sat down on the couch I think it all caught up with me.  I was just exhausted - physically, emotionally, in every way you can think.

I took it very easy today - never got out of my pj's - and I am feeling better tonight.  I'm just going to sit on the couch tonight and cheer for my Alabama Crimson Tide to Roll all over Georgia and take home the Championship.

Roll Tide ROLL!!!!!

Hugs everyone!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hugs right back to you! I'm just trying to catch up after a very busy work week. It's ok to have those days, trying to always "keep the smiling face" is not good for you or others. Have a good weekend! Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Hope you get some much deserved rest this weekend. (I'm feeling much better - I'm really an optimist at heart, but sometimes we all get down!) Talk to you soon!
      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear you feel better! I'm resting some but also have some studying to do, we have a test on the computer systems next week. My brain isn't what it used to be anymore... Reading manuals puts me to sleep, I'm much more hands on. Love, Sue

      Delete
    3. I'm sure you'll do great! Know what you mean about being hands on- I just do as well just reading it. But the brain works better with REST!💖 👍
      Hugs my friend!

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...