Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Sorry about last time

 Hello everyone who might read this - I really don't think many people are and that's okay.  I really can't blame them since I had not posted in over two years.  It will take time to get a new following (IF I get any following at all!).  Anyway, I wanted to apologize for the last post.  I really was not feeling it the day I posted and I was frustrated at the computer as I couldn't get it to do some things that I wanted it to do.  Anyway, I just shouldn't have posted at all instead of doing such a crummy job.  I hope that you will forgive me for a terrible post and I will try and take some better pictures in the future and repost the bookshelves, as it really has made a difference in how they look.

Let's get caught up on the last couple of weeks.  Last week Dan and I received our first dose of the Moderna COVID 19 vaccine.  After talking to Dan's cardiologist and our primary care physician they HIGHLY recommended that we get the vaccination.  So, my daughter started looking for a place for us to get the shots since the call line and wait list for Polk County has over 18,000 people on it.  She was able to get us an appointment in Winter Haven.  We drove over and spent three hours in line, but we were able to get the shot.  We had NO side effects - our arms were a little sore, but no more than when you get a regular flu shot.  We have our appointment for our second shot in February.  One of the things we found out from our doctors was that the death rate was actually over 2% not the 1% that everyone talks about.  But one of the main concerns that our doctors had is something that is not talked - long term effects of the virus.  There are so many cases of long term effects that entire practices are opening to just treat those - things like organ damage (liver, kidney, heart, and lung), respiratory issues, and even muscle and nerve damage.  In the office our doctor talked about 4 patients that he has seen that are having issues - one person in their 40's can no longer walk, another patient, in their 20's is on oxygen full time.  We were told by all four doctors that probably, IF Dan contracted COVID, he would not survive.  That was enough for me - and I am so grateful that we were able to get vaccinated.

Sunday we spent most of the day watching the playoffs - first was the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  Dan was routing for the Packers and I was, sorta, routing for Tampa Bay.  Well, Tampa  Bay won that one, so it will be the first time a home team will be in the Super Bowl.  The other game was the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills.  I was for the Chiefs and they won.  So, it will be Tampa Bay (and Tom Brady) against Kansas City (and Patrick Mahomes).  Have to say - GO CHIEFS!!!  

Also, I never said anything about the college National Championship game that was played a couple of weeks ago - if you know me at all you know that I am an Alabama fan from the get go so to say that I was extremely pleased with the outcome of that game would be an understatement - Roll Tide!!!

Today I have spent a lot of time on the phone calling different places.  One health insurance company that was sending us bills for coverage that we longer had - a couple of calls to auto insurance companies to shop our rates.  Our rates with the company we have been with for YEARS jumped $500.00 - that is just not acceptable.  Have already gotten one quote for exactly the same coverage but $700 less (and a reputable company - guess we are getting the "Patrick price").  It will be interesting to see what the others companies come up with - and I also have a call into the company that we have now to see why our rates jumped so much - especially now when no one is driving anywhere.

Speaking of not going anywhere - we aren't.  Other than the few doctors appointments we have, going to pick up groceries with curbside pick-up, and occasionally going through a drive thru to pickup some fast food we go no where.  I will be happy when we get our second shot and wait our two weeks for maximum coverage to take affect.  Then we will be able to see the kids, start having our family dinners again, and not feel so isolated.  We have been so extremely careful for almost a year and to actually see an end in sight - well, it's a bit overwhelming! However, due to Dan's health concerns, I would do it again or continue to do it if it meant he would stay healthy.  We are so extremely grateful and blessed that we have gone this long without exposure.  Thank you Lord!!!

Now,  we are going somewhere in February - after our second shot but before the two weeks.  We are getting a new puppy - a sweet little mini daschund that we have named McKenzie (we will call her Mac).  This is the latest picture I have of her - she is three weeks old in this picture. 


We will not be able to get her until she is 8 weeks old, but the end of February this little munchkin will be coming to live with us.  We are so excited!!!  We really took our time making this decision - we lost Jessie a year ago so this has not been a rash decision.  We are ready and I think this little one will be loved so much!  I'll post updated photos as we receive them - the breeder posts new photo's once a week and she has changed so much in the last week.  Be prepared to be bombarded with cute photos once she gets here.

We have not done any projects this week - I will start working on getting our income tax information together for the accountant.  Other than that we are staying pretty lazy.  I'll try and get some better photo's of the bookshelves and the new valances/blinds in the office in the next couple of weeks.  Also, the wallpapering project in the laundry room and dining room.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...