Sunday, April 22, 2012

Update on our Life


Hello everyone!  I guess that you noticed I did not do my usual posting last week.  In fact, I even missed my Friday post all together.  I hope that you will forgive me and keep coming back - I do have a really good reason.



I have gone back to work full time - at least through the end of May.  Actually, I took a 'long term substitute teaching' position at a local elementary school.  The position will last for the next six weeks.  I'm excited to be back in elementary school - I'm working with second graders and it has been great - really sweet little guys.  Of course, last week with the testing that the state of Florida gives I was pulled to give the FCAT to some fifth graders (and actually these were some great kids too!).  I'll be administering the rest of the FCAT to this group of students next week for two days - then I'll be back with my second graders for the rest of the school year.


Anyway, I forgot how much energy it takes to teach - I know, I know - I taught full time last year, but I've been out of it (again) for almost a year.  Anyway, it will take me awhile to get back in the swing of things - so please bear with me as I get my "sea legs" back under me - okay?  


This was a very busy weekend - Saturday was "the" baby shower.  I think it went very well and I know that Melissa received many lovely things.  I don't think there are that many things that she needs anymore - and Lorelai has some beautiful clothes.  I don't think we will have to buy her any new clothes for the first year of her life, if not longer.  I'll be doing some posts on the decorations (finally) and the actually shower later - I really can't wait to show you some of the pictures, so, I'll tease you with a few.






Table






Finally, a picture of the proud parents to be. 


I'll show you more later.


Sunday we had my mother's birthday lunch here at the house.  Actually her birthday is not until Wednesday, but with me working now we just figured it would be better (and easier on me) to have the lunch on Sunday - and Chicken and Yellow Rice is good anytime!  Then it's time to get ready for going back to work.


I will do my best to post three times this week - the Monday Menu, the room remodel, and a post of one of the decorations from the shower.  If I had thought about it I would have taken pictures while fixing Mom's birthday luncheon - but I didn't - oh well, maybe next time.


Hope you have a great week and PLEASE stay with me!  I love it when you guys leave me comments!  Thanks and I'll see you Monday with the Monday Menu!


Hugs -

Carol


6 comments:

  1. The shower was awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it and that you enjoyed yourself! That made all the hard work worth it! Love all three of you!
      Hugs -
      Mom (Carol)

      Delete
  2. Great that you have the opportunity to teach again! Bet I know what you'll do with some of that extra $--the baby will be the beneficiary (you'll find something she needs)!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, we are planning on using that extra $$$ for travel this summer after the baby comes! We're hoping to get away for three weeks in July. We shall see how things go, but that is the plan right now. (but I'm sure we'll be spending some on Lorelai!)
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete
  3. Just the thought of going back to work makes me nauseous. More power to you. Should be easier without the threat of teaching to the test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis - These are sweet kids - but they have to take a test too - just not the FCAT. However, I am enjoying the kids and that makes for a good day.
      Hugs -
      Carol

      Delete

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...