Friday, July 29, 2011

We have shower doors!

One of the last things that we have been waiting for in the house has been the shower doors. I think I have told you in previous posts that they were SUPPOSE to have been installed last Friday; however, the glass did not come in - so no shower doors. We thought that they might be installed on Wednesday of this week - but we didn't hear anything from the installer. So, we waited patiently. Well, maybe not patiently, but we waited.

This morning we got 'THE' phone call. The installers would be at the house sometime this morning between 9:30 and 10:00. Yahoo - I was going to get the shower doors! They were right on time and started in the guest bathroom first -----------------------------

Not the best of pictures, but I was getting a terrible glare on the glass. However, I think you can get an idea of the seamless glass enclosure and see the new tile work in the shower. Looks so much better than what was there!

Then they moved into the master bathroom. Now, we have not used this shower since we moved out of the house in May. Since this shower was bigger we didn't buy a shower curtain and rod for it. It was easier to use the shower in the guest bathroom. So, I am super excited that I will actually be able to use the master shower tomorrow morning! And speaking of the master shower I bet you would like to see what it looks like - well, okay ----------------


What do you think? Not to shabby huh??? When we get absolutely everything finished I will post a whole set of before and after pictures and you will see why I am so excited about these showers and shower doors.


Now, I also wanted to show you the progress that Dan has made on the fireplace - now this was at about 1:00 this afternoon and he has made even more progress since then.






This shows part of the mantle and how the sides are going to look ------------------------



This one gives a little detail on the side. Of course, this will all be painted after all the work is done - and I'm sure he will have it finished by this time next week. I'll keep you posted.


Well, need to go finish up dinner - Mexican Lasagna - Yummy!


Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...