Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break

At Last! Spring Break!!!! I can't tell you how much I have looked forward to this week - and it has finally arrived!!! YAHOO!!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited by all the exclamation marks? - Well, if you can't, maybe you could tell if you could see me doing my happy dance, which I have been doing off and on since Friday afternoon about 3:30 - of course, this is nothing compared to the Happy Dance I will be doing on June 4th - but who is counting the days? ME! But that is for another blog!) The first part of this week is going to be busy with doctor's appointments - what was I thinking ??? Anyway, tomorrow is the colonsocopy - Yipee! Today is the prep day which I really HATE (but then who does like to drink that stuff). Really, you would think that they would have gotten this stuff where it isn't that bad to drink, but I don't think that is true yet. Anyway, once you get through the prep the actually test is not a big deal (of course, I don't like not being able to have my coffee in the morning, but I can get over that too). Tuesday we will go back into Lakeland for the pups annual check up at their Vet, then on Wednesday I have my bone density test, mammogram, and the doctor's follow up visit from February. When that is over Dan and I can really enjoy the last couple of days of my break. It looks like Thursday we will be going up to Orlando to check on the kitchen cabinets and some other things - so we might as well go by IKEA too. I asked Dan if we could go by a place that I like in Lake Wales on the way to the doctor on Wednesday called The Barn - I don't think we will buy anything, but I can look around for some ideas and inspiration. We are hoping to have the final paperwork to submit to the bank the first part of next week. That may be something that we can do on Tuesday before making our pilgrimage into Lakeland that day. We'll see how that goes. The contractor has promised to have the paperwork to us by Monday - we shall see. I would really like to get started by the first of April, but I don't see that happening. I don't know how long it will take to do everything that the bank will require. It may not be until the first of May and if it takes 6 weeks to 2 months it will be the end of June before the place is finished. I guess we will just have to wait and see what will happen. I'll keep you updated as I know. Dan did get all the landscaping finished in the back yard last Sunday - I quit on him before it was finished - remember I posted the pictures and showed that there was still a section that was not finished. Well, Dan didn't stop. Well, that is not exactly true - he did stop for a while - it was just too hot - but later on in the afternoon, when the temperatures went down some, he went back out and finished up - so it was all done by sundown last Sunday afternoon. So, it went from this two weeks ago ----------------------------------------

To this. Now, the chairs are going to go back to Lowes - we bought them Friday night - last night we went out and were sitting and Dan just about broke the back legs off the chair he was sitting in - so these just aren't going to work for us. We will have to find something else. Dan did want a fire pit to go on the patio, so I ordered this one off the Internet and it came the middle of the week. It is a pretty good size - and I think that it will be nice, especially next fall when the temperatures drop a little. I don't know if we will use it too much this summer - we might, just for the fun of it - certainly not for the heat! Sorta like a campfire - you don't need it in the summer, but it's fun to sit around the fire. Anyway, Dan has his grill on the patio now, and we will get it all set up for him and he should be ready to do some serious cooking this summer. We still have some work we want to do on the patio, but that isn't something that has to be done right away - it just stuff to make it pretty - columns and railing, stuff like that. Anyway, it will be awhile before that is done - the inside of the house if the next project. Nothing else it being done until we get that done.


I told you that the boat had a problem and we couldn't get it to start last weekend. Well, Dan call and got the boat place to come out to look at it the middle of the week - the starter had burned up on the boat - don't know what caused that. Well, it wasn't exactly the starter, but the wiring. I don't know, I'm not a mechanic, but anyway - they had to order the part (wiring and bushings - does that make sense to anyone?) and it won't be in until next week. Of course, it will be expensive according to Dan (what isn't with a boat?) - maybe he's just trying to set me up - who know's. Hesays he doen't know how much the part is going to be, but I just can't imagine he ordered something that he doesn't know the price of - but then again, it's for his boat. Anyway, Dan is 'dead in the water' right now and can't do anything as far as going out on the lake. But, once he gets this fixed, he should be okay for the summer (maybe?). Once again, we just take it one step at a time.


Well, I don't have that much else to report this week - so I guess I'll close. I'll keep you posted on the home renovations. You guys have a great week and I'll talk to you later!

2 comments:

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...