Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Last Night

No pictures tonight - today was a very busy day getting ready to leave in the morning. We went to do laundry first, then went into West and picked up some groceries, found the Christmas cards we wanted and picked up a book for me (a C.J. Box book I haven't read).

When we got home I made some pasta salad, egg salad, and chicken salad - we won't have to worry about what we are going to eat for lunch next week. We'll just have to think about what we are going to eat for dinner (I did buy some salad mix, cucumber, and bell pepper at the store, so we can have a chef's salad for dinner along with a couple of boiled eggs.)

We went out to dinner with Kaye and Joyce about five o'clock. On the way to the restaurant we saw three cow elk feeding on the side of the road. We went to a place called Meadow View Ranch which is a real homestead that is run by a brother and sister. We had a salad, chicken fried steak, french fries (homemade), and green beans. It was very good - but in the middle of dinner we look out the window and there was a huge bull elk (and of course I didn't bring my camera with me). Anyway, we had a great dinner (Dan and I bought dinner for Joyce and Kaye - $61.00). On the way home we saw two more bull elk just grazing on the side of the gravel road and then just a little further down the road were nine more cow elks. It was great - sorta like they were telling us good-bye.

We just about have everything packed inside and I won't have too much more to do in the morning. You know put the coffee pot away - and a few items that will need to be stored in the kitchen sink after I do the dishes. (Heh, you have to use every space for storage!)

Okay, I've had some comments (thanks) and questions about my hair. First, let me set the record straight - there is absolutely nothing wrong with red hair, in fact, I like red hair on other people - I just didn't think that red hair would look good on me because of my coloring - fair with green eyes. Then I started thinking about it and most redheads have fair skin and green eyes. Anyway, I think the biggest thing right now is the huge change - I mean I've been a 'blond' for a very long time and this is a huge change - it will just take time to get used to it. Now, I have also been what the color was - and I don't have the slightest clue. I threw the box away and I don't remember what the name was - the next time I go into Wal Mart I will have to look and see - then I'll let you know. Oh, btw Crystal, I don't think the color had anything to do with my "colorist", but then you never know. Anyway, I am so glad that you guys like it - and I think I will to AFTER I get used to it.

Well, tomorrow will be a long day - we are going to try and get as close to Rapid City as we can tomorrow so we will get the Custer State Park early Friday afternoon so we can actually do something then and not try to do everything in one day. We'll see how that goes.

I'll try and post tomorrow but a lot will depend on how late we drive and whether or not we boon dock tomorrow night - which is a possibility - but I don't want to because tomorrow night is the FIRST REGULAR SEASON FOOTBALL GAME and it's between my Titans and the Steelers - we'll just have to wait and see. Keep up the great comments.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...